Photo
- - - - -

Potential Draft Day Trade?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#49 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Under the new CBA with the cost or lack there of, the "trade chart" becomes archaic according to draft analysts. So it then becomes a question for each individual club to answer for themselves. Is this worth it?

Exactly, and even if Cleveland does trade their picks, it's almost like they're not trading their picks, they're trading Atlanta's. For example, if Cleveland gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 4th pick this year to move up to #9, they would really only be giving up their 2nd and Atlanta's 1st and 4th, which would make it stomach the trade.

That's why I think Cleveland is the most possible draft trade partner, they are playing with House money, and will still have the top picks in all but the 2nd round.

#50 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Exactly, and even if Cleveland does trade their picks, it's almost like they're not trading their picks, they're trading Atlanta's. For example, if Cleveland gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 4th pick this year to move up to #9, they would really only be giving up their 2nd and Atlanta's 1st and 4th, which would make it stomach the trade.

That's why I think Cleveland is the most possible draft trade partner, they are playing with House money, and will still have the top picks in all but the 2nd round.

I would love that. That makes the #22 a great option, and almost makes anyone at that pick worth the selection. :) Allows us so much more flexibility to do the things we want to do. Pull the trigger for sure.

#51 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I've thought about it, and here's why: Kansas City has reportedly been looking for a QB, especially targeting guys in the Draft. At 11, I doubt they would trade out of that place to give up a chance to take Tannehill.

Also, there's the chance that a team like Seattle could move up in front of the 11 pick to take Tannehill, in fears that Kansas City will draft a QB, which will cause a logjam between 8-12, for teams deciding whether or not to trade the pick for Tannehill or to take Tannehill or to take someone else.

There's even a chance that Buffalo could take a player like Tannehill, especially after the horrible performance Fitz had after he signed his contract performance last year. (I don't think they will, but they easily could.)

So, if you were Cleveland, and you're sitting there at 22. The Dolphins come up and select someone (I think it'll be Justin Blackmon). Cleveland knows that moving up to 8 will cost more than moving up to 9, and Miami won't take a QB they will probably just have signed Matt Flynn. So, at 9 you have the Panthers, who won't take a QB, but Buffalo might take a QB. And if you wait any longer, Kansas City or Seattle will most definitely take Tannehill. So, do you wait around and hope that Tannehill isn't drafted by the Bills, or do you move up to 9 and grab Tannehill before anyone else?

Okay, at least you have reasoning for your trade scenario. I would think that they would target Buffalo instead of the Panthers just because I cannot see a Tannehill possibility being better than a Fitzpatrick reality and could not see Buffalo as a viable team to pick a QB. They need OLB and OT.

But at least you have a reason.