• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

So you were taught, and taught your son to make excuses for when you lose or fail? Or not to be a gracious loser?

And you said I was bitching about the refs which I was not, just pointing out the fact that Carolina gets more than their fair share of calls, which every Tar Heel fan will deny.

#17 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

85-84 its trolltastic :)

#18 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Glad to get past them. The game went as it should. A dominant team jumping to a double digit lead from the jump and then coasting against a truly inferior team.

This is how number one seed looks against inferior competition at the end of a season.

Refreshing.

#19 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

So you were taught, and taught your son to make excuses for when you lose or fail? Or not to be a gracious loser?

And you said I was bitching about the refs which I was not, just pointing out the fact that Carolina gets more than their fair share of calls, which every Tar Heel fan will deny.

I said a good sport, never heard the term good loser. A good sport is definied for you below.

good sport
someone who can accept a loss in a competition or can accept being the butt of a joke.

#20 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

The fact is.... you brought up officials and thats what I said, how is that baseless? I might add... I was raised and raised my son as well, to be a good sport not a good loser.

I don't want to speak for Munch, but I think he was trying to point out a lot of unc fans on this board like to blame the refs for unc losing a game. Maybe not you in particular but there are a lot of unc fans on here that do. Here are a few examples.

Panthers8192: there were a potpourri of insane calls that went in Dook's favor, I'm simply highlighting what may have been the most egregious.

Tarheelpride: No Plumbee blatantly pushed Zeller on that rebound tip in. If anything, a foul needed, and should have, been called.

And on that air ball attempt, that ball, and Kelly, was untouched, yet Duke got the ball back.

All missed calls.

Carolinarolls: the comeback was short and furious as well as aided by some, how should I say, inoportune whiffs by the zebras. Then, the miracle shot for a one point victory.

Carolinarolls: They had the game in hand, were clearly the better team and after getting a few bad calls seemed to give up.

#21 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

While i think there was some shady officiating in that UNC Duke game it wouldn't matter if we could hit Free throws at home.

#22 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

it would not matter if we did not redirect an airball off the backboard for 2 either, or that we decided to switch on that screen and not get a guy in KOKO-Zero's face maybe forcing him to drive. It would not have mattered if Kendall did not lob that long lazy bounce pass when we did not need to be pushing.

The calls are just as important as all these factors in the loss and if KOKO's shot had rimmed out there would have been talk about calls coming from the dookers, because there were some that could be complained about. There always are.

The point is that you can blame he refs, everyone can and everyone has an argument, but only to a point because to a point the refs are a necessary evil that nobody can COMPLETELY blame a loss on.

Unless its Julius Peppers tipped it in a home game against the Sowgurlz when the refs blew that game completely and gave them a second try.. closer in.

I hate Dallas worse than the Yankees btw, but not more than dook, chiefly because of kay.

ETA: and btw, bilas is a dookie for you dooknoobs

Edited by carolinarolls, 01 March 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

it would not matter if we did not redirect an airball off the backboard for 2 either, or that we decided to switch on that screen and not get a guy in KOKO-Zero's face maybe forcing him to drive. It would not have mattered if Kendall did not lob that long lazy bounce pass when we did not need to be pushing.

The calls are just as important as all these factors in the loss and if KOKO's shot had rimmed out there would have been talk about calls coming from the dookers, because there were some that could be complained about. There always are.

The point is that you can blame he refs, everyone can and everyone has an argument, but only to a point because to a point the refs are a necessary evil that nobody can COMPLETELY blame a loss on.

Unless its Julius Peppers tipped it in a home game against the Sowgurlz when the refs blew that game completely and gave them a second try.. closer in.

I hate Dallas worse than the Yankees btw, but not more than dook, chiefly because of kay.

You can't blame the refs because there were calls missed both ways, nobody's perfect. The shot clock violation that wasn't called at the end of the first half, the walk by Barnes before he committed the charge, and the no call on Barnes when he pushed off on Curry and hit the jumper. We can go back and forth so even bringing the refs up at all is stupid and a waste of time. Like you said look at the lazy pass by Marshall, the going under the screen instead of switching off, not hitting your free throws or not going to Zeller the 2nd half when he dominated the 1st half. Those are what lost the game it had nothing to do with the refs so put it to bed.

#24 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

While i think there was some shady officiating in that UNC Duke game it wouldn't matter if we could hit Free throws at home.

There were calls missed on both sides so please stop with the shady officiating, Duke was called for more fouls and more turnovers.:rolleyes:

#25 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Bilas is notorious for doing everything he can not to talk good about duke. Not that he talks bad about them, but he never typically talks them up. Just about every UNC fan I know actually likes Bilas because of this fact.

Yeh, and that KOKO-Zero stuff doesn't sound racist at all. Intentionally or not, you should realize that Koko was a gorilla that researchers taught sign language.

Edited by Munch4455, 01 March 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#26 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Bilas is notorious for doing everything he can not to talk good about duke. Not that he talks bad about them, but he never typically talks them up. Just about every UNC fan I know actually likes Bilas because of this fact.

Yeh, and that KOKO-Zero stuff doesn't sound racist at all. Intentionally or not, you should realize that Koko was a gorilla that researchers taught sign language.

no, KOKO is a monkeyboy played by Chris Kattan on SNL

And I am not racist. However I find the people who constantly assign that moniker to others are typically projecting as they are racist themselves.

You need to put it to bed dude. It's 2012.

#27 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

So....comparing a black guy, to "Koko the monkeyboy", isn't racist? That's a new one in my book. Its not like i am making some wild stretch that calling a black man a "Monkey-boy" is racist.

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

no, KOKO is a monkeyboy played by Chris Kattan on SNL

And I am not racist. However I find the people who constantly assign that moniker to others are typically projecting as they are racist themselves.

You need to put it to bed dude. It's 2012.

Yeah you don't sound racist at all, you called Tyler Thornton Sambo-faced, and then you called Austin Rivers Koko which is a gorilla or a "monkey boy". How about you act like you are older then 12 and stop calling people names and we won't have to worry if you are racist or not.:rolleyes:

#29 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

So....comparing a black guy, to "Koko the monkeyboy", isn't racist? That's a new one in my book. Its not like i am making some wild stretch that calling a black man a "Monkey-boy" is racist.

I would like to see him call Ray Lewis or Jon Beason Koko to their face and see how they would react to that.

#30 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't want to speak for Munch, but I think he was trying to point out a lot of unc fans on this board like to blame the refs for unc losing a game. Maybe not you in particular but there are a lot of unc fans on here that do. Here are a few examples.

Panthers8192: there were a potpourri of insane calls that went in Dook's favor, I'm simply highlighting what may have been the most egregious.

Tarheelpride: No Plumbee blatantly pushed Zeller on that rebound tip in. If anything, a foul needed, and should have, been called.

And on that air ball attempt, that ball, and Kelly, was untouched, yet Duke got the ball back.

All missed calls.

Carolinarolls: the comeback was short and furious as well as aided by some, how should I say, inoportune whiffs by the zebras. Then, the miracle shot for a one point victory.

Carolinarolls: They had the game in hand, were clearly the better team and after getting a few bad calls seemed to give up.

This was a thread that ends like most here, far off the subject. First post by Duke fan was a bitchfest about the officials, then he continues to try and justify his post because UNC fans always complain about officiating and thats not true. Truth is, Duke fans on CH are obsessed with the subject and constantly bring it up, go back and look that up. Hell I think you guys even believe it or you would not try and defend yourselves. On the other hand, some UNC fans continue to bring it up because it draws a reaction and I despise reading this as well but you cant have your cake and eat it too.

:beatdeadhorse5:

It would be great to have a discussion on a thread about the game itself, not arguing and fingerpointing by those on either sides. I'm sick of reading all this crap, how about a thread for a civilized discussion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.