• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

You think my statement that Carolina fans crying about the refs only pertains to this board? Haha. I am the only Duke fan in my close family, I had to deal with 4 cousins, and their parents that all were diehard carolina fans my entire life, and all 4 of them ended up going to UNC making it even worse(my aunt and uncle did too). I have worked with countless UNC fans, even ones who claim to be UNC fans whenever UNC beats Duke, but you wont hear a word from them nor could they tell you anyone on the UNC team. There has been only one of all of them, my older cousin, that has never blamed the ref for UNC losing the game. Whenever we talk he would be a man about it and say good game, you played well or w/e. I wish I could say the same about the other hundred or so UNC fans I know.

#32 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

You think my statement that Carolina fans crying about the refs only pertains to this board? Haha. I am the only Duke fan in my close family, I had to deal with 4 cousins, and their parents that all were diehard carolina fans my entire life, and all 4 of them ended up going to UNC making it even worse(my aunt and uncle did too). I have worked with countless UNC fans, even ones who claim to be UNC fans whenever UNC beats Duke, but you wont hear a word from them nor could they tell you anyone on the UNC team. There has been only one of all of them, my older cousin, that has never blamed the ref for UNC losing the game. Whenever we talk he would be a man about it and say good game, you played well or w/e. I wish I could say the same about the other hundred or so UNC fans I know.

Dude really... I have been around the freaking world and most of the populated states in America and I wasn't born yesterday. I do know you constantly talk about refs and fouls more than any freaking person here, just go look for yourself. My son attends UNC and was at the game that Duke won and we both agree that if Carolina makes just one of those missed free throws, then its a different story. Duke fans bring up the ref crap more than anyone on here and thats a fact.

#33 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Because I am sick of crybaby carolina fans blaming everything on the ref's instead of taking a loss like a man. Every single carolina fan that I spoke with after that game said they got screwed by calls at the end. If you don't cry about the ref's then good for you, you are a unicorn among carolina fans.

#34 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

This was a thread that ends like most here, far off the subject. First post by Duke fan was a bitchfest about the officials, then he continues to try and justify his post because UNC fans always complain about officiating and thats not true. Truth is, Duke fans on CH are obsessed with the subject and constantly bring it up, go back and look that up. Hell I think you guys even believe it or you would not try and defend yourselves. On the other hand, some UNC fans continue to bring it up because it draws a reaction and I despise reading this as well but you cant have your cake and eat it too.

:beatdeadhorse5:

It would be great to have a discussion on a thread about the game itself, not arguing and fingerpointing by those on either sides. I'm sick of reading all this crap, how about a thread for a civilized discussion?

I think you have missed the whole point I/we were trying to make. I showed you multiple unc posters that complained about the officials and that is what bugs most Duke fans. We don't complain about us getting bad calls we complain about unc complaining about getting screwed by the refs when it is simply not true. I have not come on here once and complained about Duke getting hosed even though I have watched multiple games where I thought there were bad calls, because there will be bad calls and you must play through them. It makes me angry when unc fans complain they got screwed or Duke always gets the calls because it is not true at all, I have showed you all that the past 5 years unc has been called for the fewest fouls in the ACC and always shoots a ton more free throws then their opponents. Whether warranted or not unc is called for far fewer fouls then Duke and the rest of the ACC so stop blaming the officials.

#35 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

At least I brought up video evidence supporting my claims.

#36 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

At least I brought up video evidence supporting my claims.

Yes but you left out the shot clock violation that should have been called in the first half, plus the push off that wasn't called on Barnes when he knocked Curry down to get a wide open shot, or the walk Barnes had before the charge he was finally called for. You can't say it was one sided on the bad calls, there were bad calls the whole game on both sides so stop nitpicking and ignoring the bad calls that went in unc's favor.

#37 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Because I am sick of crybaby carolina fans blaming everything on the ref's instead of taking a loss like a man. Every single carolina fan that I spoke with after that game said they got screwed by calls at the end. If you don't cry about the ref's then good for you, you are a unicorn among carolina fans.

There is a big difference between complaining about the refs and blaming them for a loss. The refs did not lose that game, but it was a poorly called game. I dont really care, I was over it after I got hammered that night. Oh, and guess what- if you go on a message board right after a tough loss like that, people are going to be bitching about things. Get over it. You dont think anyone complains about the refs on the Panthers board?

#38 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

There is a big difference between complaining about the refs and blaming them for a loss. The refs did not lose that game, but it was a poorly called game. I dont really care, I was over it after I got hammered that night. Oh, and guess what- if you go on a message board right after a tough loss like that, people are going to be bitching about things. Get over it. You dont think anyone complains about the refs on the Panthers board?

You are another delusional unc fan, I agree it was a poorly called game but that was on both ends. DO YOU REALIZE Duke was called for MORE fouls and MORE turnovers? What do you have to complain about? It is not fair to compare the kinds of calls unc gets compared to the Panthers.

#39 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

dook fouled more and turned it over more

duh

#40 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yes but you left out the shot clock violation that should have been called in the first half, plus the push off that wasn't called on Barnes when he knocked Curry down to get a wide open shot, or the walk Barnes had before the charge he was finally called for. You can't say it was one sided on the bad calls, there were bad calls the whole game on both sides so stop nitpicking and ignoring the bad calls that went in unc's favor.

I posted what I found. None of the stuff you mentioned was on Youtube or on video from what I can see. All I wanted to point out was I showed evidence to support my claim. Nothing more. Now, can we go back relentlessly bashing each other about this game tomorrow?

No matter the outcome, the first game won't matter. Bad calls and all.

#41 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I think you have missed the whole point I/we were trying to make. I showed you multiple unc posters that complained about the officials and that is what bugs most Duke fans. We don't complain about us getting bad calls we complain about unc complaining about getting screwed by the refs when it is simply not true. I have not come on here once and complained about Duke getting hosed even though I have watched multiple games where I thought there were bad calls, because there will be bad calls and you must play through them. It makes me angry when unc fans complain they got screwed or Duke always gets the calls because it is not true at all, I have showed you all that the past 5 years unc has been called for the fewest fouls in the ACC and always shoots a ton more free throws then their opponents. Whether warranted or not unc is called for far fewer fouls then Duke and the rest of the ACC so stop blaming the officials.

Actually you're complaining about complaints :confused:
Carolina should have won the last game but choked down the stretch and lost... simple as that. The missed free throws were the difference, not the missed calls. IMO... two great programs playing in the greatest rivalry in sports and the talk here is ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com