Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Criminal charges for the Saints?

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah, this could be bigger than we thought.

Posted · Report post

Maybe. I have a hard time believing that anybody would press charges though.

If there are any charges brought up, it would be conspiricy to commit battery. Law enforcement doesnt need anyone to press charges in order to prove that the Saints were conspiring to injure people.

Personally, i think it is a stretch.

I would much rather the Saints get punished by Goodell than by law enforcement. They would only get probation anyway, and even more likely, the charges would get dropped due to good attorneys.

Posted · Report post

poo just got real..

Posted · Report post

2hdv3va.jpg

Posted · Report post

I've often wondered why Dusty Rhoades never brought criminal charges against the 4 Horsemen for breaking his arm in the parking lot.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've often wondered why Dusty Rhoades never brought criminal charges against the 4 Horsemen for breaking his arm in the parking lot.

That explains a lot.

Posted · Report post

The premise here is very melodramatic.

Posted · Report post

But still funny as hell.

Posted · Report post

Regardless of whether the money came from legal or illegal activities, the money received by players represents income. And if income isn’t disclosed to the IRS, that’s a problem.

Go ahead and scoff. That’s surely what the NBA officials who traded first-class airfare for coach and kept the difference and didn’t pay taxes on it believed. Before they were prosecuted for tax evasion.

The NFL already has the evidence. The IRS needs merely to show up with a warrant for the file.

And if so inclined, the IRS can launch an investigation regarding the other 31 teams. While Saints players and other employees opted initially to lie to the NFL, lying to federal authorities has entails slightly greater consequences.

Go ahead and scoff. That’s surely what Martha Stewart did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/03/irs-could-be-interested-in-undeclared-bounty-payments/

Posted · Report post

Damn.

Posted · Report post

Charges for tax evasion (definitely credible here) versus charges for assault (high school hyperbole) are totally different. I do find both very funny, though. :lol: