Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

Saints Franchise Breesus

104 posts in this topic

It's about getting picks now. And I bet the Redskins are ready and waiting.

No way they trade Brees. This isn't Manning who may never play again like he used to...Brees is still a top 3 QB. I know they will loose picks with the bounty fiasco but they won't stock up at the cost of Brees.

What an "un"fortunate turn of events the past couple days! Now I'm just waiting to hear the news that Matt Ryan has been hosting an interstate ring of illicit donkey shows and the Buccaneers decided to retire as a franchise.

Bwahahahaha.

This is actually bad news for the rest of the NFC south and brilliant by the Saints. They can now take a lower cap hit with Brees and have $$ to sign Colston and Nicks. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the plan all along. After signing the other two and with the Cap potentially increasing they can then sign Brees to long term deal. Loomis again showing why he is best GM in the league.

im-a-kitty-cat.gif

Cap hell incoming in 3. . .2. . .1.

What do you mean? Brees is asking for at least 5 million a year more than he will make next year with the franchise tag.

Brees is the best thing ever to happen for the Saints. Why not just pay him rather than pay him a little less and piss him off?

Because he now wants out and that is the only way they could keep him.

This is actually bad news for the rest of the NFC south and brilliant by the Saints. They can now take a lower cap hit with Brees and have $$ to sign Colston and Nicks. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the plan all along. After signing the other two and with the Cap potentially increasing they can then sign Brees to long term deal. Loomis again showing why he is best GM in the league.

It was their plan to get into a contract war with their best player in franchise history and frustrate him, then making them use the tag on brees letting nicks walk away clean? Solid plan

Brees can choose not to sign the franchise tender.

Have you heard one negative thing come out of Brees mouth? Some contract war. He is doing what is best for the team which is pretty amazing considering what most players would do. He just wants another ring and this move is a big step in getting that.

hahaha yeah okay. Saints fans are definitely the dumbest in the world. Hands down

The Saints have already lost Nicks, he was never offered a contract and will be offered more then the Saints can afford to pay him. The Saint's have to sign Bree's long term and that's what this Tag is for. Plus the Cap doesn't go up till 2014 and Bree's won't put up with being tagged more then once. I won't be surprised to see Colston walk either since he's probably hasn't been offered a deal either. So Bree's still crippled the Saint's by wanting 23 million a season.

This is just Loomis and the Saint's showing just how much Bree's has them by the balls, nothing more.