Photo
- - - - -

If you want a DT in the draft,read this and then tell me why you do

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
139 replies to this topic

#131 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Although Brockers tops my list I'd be very happy with Poe.

#132 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Anyone think Kearse, Shirley and Neblett have a chance of being next years starters?

#133 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Anyone think Kearse, Shirley and Neblett have a chance of being next years starters?

I don't think anyone can honestly answer that right now...

#134 frankgill

frankgill

ROOKIE

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

You still need top DT's to compete, its a DT rich draft, if you get one in the first 3 rounds you likely get a starter. I also think there are DT in this draft that can push the line backwards and you win with good defense not good Corner play, it's a complete package, DT is like OG it's not sexy but if he is BPA take him...

#135 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

Although Brockers tops my list I'd be very happy with Poe.

My sentiments exactly.

#136 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

:party::party::party:

1 Day until Brockers is in Charlotte!!!

Yeah!

#137 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just heard they're bringing in Joe Adams, the PR/WR from Arkansas on the 14-15th! Dre Kirkpatrick said that was his hardest cover all year.

Looks like we may be headed in the right direction.

#138 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Just heard they're bringing in Joe Adams, the PR/WR from Arkansas on the 14-15th! Dre Kirkpatrick said that was his hardest cover all year.

Looks like we may be headed in the right direction.

He showed good speed for a linebacker, not so much for a small receiver whho relies on speed as his main weapon. (4.55) If he drops to the fourth round (where is where he is projected) he would be worth drafting. I would like him more as a returner than a receiver. He did return 4 punts for Tds and had a good senior bowl.

#139 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

One I think Hogan takes the #2 CB spot. Hopefully he will be our steal of the 2011 draft. Two, not many DTs come into the league and dominate. Edwards will be back, McClain and Fua will have a year under their belts. It all depends on whether we believe they will continue to grow.

You could argue all day and night about DT, DE, OT, CB or Safety and have valid arguments on what our priority should be. I have said BPA of those 5 positions. AT #9 I think there isn't a safety that high, I am not sold one Coples (and I am a Heels fan) Kalil and Reiff will probably be gone. Which leaves CB or DT. Kilpatrick and Jenkins both have off the field issues. As much as I like our young defensive tackles. I think Poe or Brockers will be our choice. Mostly because they will be BPA of our top needs. I think Poe would be our best bet.

Tape or no Tape. This guy came to the Combine ready to improve is status and he did just that. I am sure he didn't have the help that Brockers had at LSU.

While the OP made some good points I still think DT is our BPA.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008, 07 March 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#140 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

He showed good speed for a linebacker, not so much for a small receiver whho relies on speed as his main weapon. (4.55) If he drops to the fourth round (where is where he is projected) he would be worth drafting. I would like him more as a returner than a receiver. He did return 4 punts for Tds and had a good senior bowl.

I like the fact that they're looking at players suited for special teams. I watched a couple of his games and when it came to moving around in traffic, field vision he was lethal. Sometimes people get caught up in straight line speed but elusiveness is what makes a good PR and this guy has it.

I actually think someone in the organization finally gets it. I love their shopping list so far. More to come