Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So does Carolina win the ACC tourney?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well it's no secret that Roy doesn't care all that much for conference tourney's, but with a possible #1 seed at stake, do you think he's going to care a little bit more this year? Right now we are probably a 2 seed I'm guessing, just based on idle speculation on sports talk.

Dook generally does pretty well in the conference tourney, because K does happen to win these things. If dook wins it, they would probably leapfrog us to a #1 seed. Well there's a lot of if's in there truthfully because there are a lot of tourney's and aside from maybe Syracuse and UK who are the only locks for #1's everything else is up in the air.

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking NC State

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']I'm thinking NC State[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://troll.me/images/homer-with-beer/yup.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

Since a lock of a #1 seed is on the line I think Roy will want to win it but it goes against his idea of resting the team/risking injuries.

Posted · Report post

It'll probably end up Duke/Carolina...Duke wins...then gets knocked out in the Sweet 16.

Posted · Report post

If they play like they did on Saturday they will...

Posted · Report post

who cares who wins the acc tourney?

Its not in gboro so its not even going to be a party... meh

If you are smart you show up, warm up and your focus is "just don't get hurt"

Posted · Report post

Ryan kelly is out for the acc tourny for you dookie fans

Posted · Report post

With kelly out duke has no shot. Id prefer the Roy route and say fuck it and hope we drop to a 3 seed in a kansas marquette bracket.

Posted · Report post

Apparently all the dookers represented here do not think Josh Hairston can fill in for that that 1-8 shooting and 1 rebound performance that Kelly just posted.

throw in the towel, chinless hurt his foot

Posted · Report post

Since you love reporting/investigating duke carolinarolls how bout you look up their record when kelly plays well. They do not lose, he is an important part of the team.

Posted · Report post

any 6'11" who can stroke the three is important to any team, especially dook

no kiddding

he is just as important as all the other 3-ball chuckers are to kay

..when they are going in of course

he's not much use for anything else, which is pretty sad for a guy his size

Mason and Miles split 30 or so points right down the middle but Kelly did jack sh-t loafing around the perimeter looking for the easy bucket. Of course your team fairs better when a guy like that is filling it up. What team wouldn't. No team wouldn't. That's what team. Especially in the poorly conceived, mid-major, non-athletic offense that kay has admitted their identity is.

[QUOTE]"When you base, like we do, a lot of our offense on 3-point shooting ... some will say, `Don't.' That's who we are, man," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "And if we're not hitting them, we have a much greater chance to lose."[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/gameflash/2012/03/03/76000_recap.html"]need a link[/URL]

tell us something we don't know dooker.

..well when we put a third big in the game and he hits a few threes, mismatches are created and we win more games, when we put him in and he is a complete waste of a warm body in the lineup, we don't do so hot

well no shi+ . where oh where is all this insightful basketball genius taught to the bloodevil phanz?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Go Pack!

Posted · Report post

I gotta feeling the Pack are gonna make a good run this weekend.

Posted · Report post

the wolfpack have lots of tools and plenty to play for

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolinarolls']the wolfpack have lots of tools and plenty to play for[/QUOTE]

Beat UVA they are in IMO.

Posted · Report post

The run into UNC in the Semi's...sounds good to me

Posted · Report post

Just feel like it is FSUs year.... Roy doesn't care about the conference tourney, duke has Kelly hurt....The Seminoles may be able to do it this year.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dexterpyro']Just feel like it is FSUs year.... Roy doesn't care about the conference tourney, duke has Kelly hurt....The Seminoles may be able to do it this year.[/QUOTE]

could be

I think the UNC kids may cae a little more than the UNC coach about it this year though. Playing terrible and getting 3eed to death by dook in last year's final plus Z and some underclassmen prime for big draft picks makes me think they may want to take it down and hang two ACC banners this year

I think it is going to be a great tournament regardless of who wins. Headed to the Pub now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Falcons1stPanthers2nd']I gotta feeling the Pack are gonna make a good run this weekend.[/QUOTE]

As long as they stay out of foul trouble...

Posted · Report post

Well we wouldn't play Duke until the Finals so we are ok on fouls until then

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']Well we wouldn't play Duke until the Finals so we are ok on fouls until then[/QUOTE]

Well Duke cant put away Va Tech at the moment... :yikes:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stankowalski']Well it's no secret that Roy doesn't care all that much for conference tourney's, but with a possible #1 seed at stake, do you think he's going to care a little bit more this year? Right now we are probably a 2 seed I'm guessing, just based on idle speculation on sports talk.

Dook generally does pretty well in the conference tourney, because K does happen to win these things. If dook wins it, they would probably leapfrog us to a #1 seed. Well there's a lot of if's in there truthfully because there are a lot of tourney's and aside from maybe Syracuse and UK who are the only locks for #1's everything else is up in the air.[/QUOTE]

Carolina isn't as good as everyone thinks they are.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolinarolls']who cares who wins the acc tourney?

Its not in gboro so its not even going to be a party... meh

If you are smart you show up, warm up and your focus is "just don't get hurt"[/QUOTE]

how'd that work out? I thought Zeller was about to cry after fouling out. That must be the first time he's ever gotten even 4 fouls.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']Well we wouldn't play Duke until the Finals so we are ok on fouls until then[/QUOTE]

but we play carolina in the semis...:rolleyes: