#31 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

You could end up like Ryan Reynolds in Waiting though. That could be fun.

#32 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

join the circus?

time served with the clowns on the huddle should be an automatic in!

#33 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hey man I feel for you. I'm just now in the last couple months of my senior year at a fairly prestigious University in the Northeast and let me tell you... there were times when I wanted to quit and the stress was wearing my down almost daily. I declared my major in Political Science the last week of my sophomore year and am so glad to have made the right choice. The professors here have really opened my eyes to a lot of things and I am now in the process of applying to six graduate schools for Homeland Security or International Relations. I've always wanted to serve my country and this way I can use my education and analytical skills to make a difference and aid the federal government and military with intelligence.

Talk to your advisor at school. Weigh ALL of your options. I wish you the best, I would not rule out transferring schools either, maybe the programs at your current college just aren't for you and there are some out there that are suitable, I can promise that.

#34 CITILIMITS

CITILIMITS

Bern/City Vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yes! Waste of time and money to teach lies. Only fun part is the atmosphere, mingling with your fellow peers and peeretes.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hey man I feel for you. I'm just now in the last couple months of my senior year at a fairly prestigious University in the Northeast and let me tell you... there were times when I wanted to quit and the stress was wearing my down almost daily. I declared my major in Political Science the last week of my sophomore year and am so glad to have made the right choice. The professors here have really opened my eyes to a lot of things and I am now in the process of applying to six graduate schools for Homeland Security or International Relations. I've always wanted to serve my country and this way I can use my education and analytical skills to make a difference and aid the federal government and military with intelligence.

Talk to your advisor at school. Weigh ALL of your options. I wish you the best, I would not rule out transferring schools either, maybe the programs at your current college just aren't for you and there are some out there that are suitable, I can promise that.

If you guys are having trouble dealing with the "stress of school", you are in for a RUDE AWAKENING in the real world.

College is not even close to the stress in the real world. You go to class for about 4 hours a day. Try working for 12 hours....then coming home and having to deal with sick kids....a mortgage...car payments...yard work...etc.

College is by far the most relaxing and enjoyable time that you will have until you retire.

#36 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Drop out.

Just make sure you practice the following phrases:
1. Would you like fries with that?
2. Do you have a rewards card?
3. Would you like to sign up for our rewards program?

If you work really hard you might get to use these:
1. The schedule is already set. You'll have to find someone who isn't going to the prom to swap with you.
2. I cant give everyone Christmas day off.
3. Corporate doesn't allow me to pay more than minimum wage for your position.

:smilielol5:

Must spread rep.....

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

lol who's retiring?

#38 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,389 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

If you guys are having trouble dealing with the "stress of school", you are in for a RUDE AWAKENING in the real world.

College is not even close to the stress in the real world. You go to class for about 4 hours a day. Try working for 12 hours....then coming home and having to deal with sick kids....a mortgage...car payments...yard work...etc.

College is by far the most relaxing and enjoyable time that you will have until you retire.

Did you go to an Ivy League school?

#39 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

I will in 30 or 40 years

#40 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Whether you slack off in school, slack off in the military, or slack off selling drugs...
you aren't going to get anywhere until you change your attitude

You started college.
Finish it. Strong.

You'll be out, and at that point, you can take a look at the job market and see if something works for you.

If not, you could consider the military, perhaps be an officer (the dreaded O), and develop some leadership skills and a bit more of the discipline you clearly need.

retry the job market

No matter what you do, it isn't so much about what you do, but how you apply yourself to the task that determines your success and overall happiness.

My old man used to laugh at people that needed to go somewhere and "find themselves".
He used to say "fug that son, if you need to find yourself, go look in the mirror and ask yourself if you can face that person if you quit."

two cents, worth what you paid for it.

#41 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Your Father was a wise man, Epi....

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,561 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I regret not joining some branch of the Military almost every day.

#43 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Strange question to ask on the huddle, but my son is in college now...which I and his mother are paying for. So I'll answer the question as if this were my kid and I having the conversation you are going to have at some point:

My Son: I don't think I want to stay in school, it's hard and I just don't have any interest in anything...what do you think I should do (translated can I come home)

Me: You are a grown man and you have the right to make any decision you choose, just be aware that with choices there are consequences (translated: hell no, you can't come home and I am using your college money to fix up my media room)

My Son: My friends have dropped out and done quite well for themselves, maybe I can be successful as well (translated please let me come home)

Me: Really, what's your definition of successful? Do any of they own their own homes, Have a steady, stable job, pay their own bills, own their cars, or do they spend all of their money on things they like beer, women, clothes, etc...(translated the only way you are coming home is paying your own way)

My Son: uh, I guess so.. translated what does this have to do with me coming home

Me: Well, in order for you to be considered successful, you need to be sure that you are capable of providing all of those things, so how do you plan on doing that? translated, you better be prepared to take care of yourself if you drop out.

My Son: I don't know, I really don't have a plan

The jist of what I am saying here is you don't have a plan now and are in school still under the care of your parents. Should you choose to leave school you will still not have a plan but more than likely will not be under the care of your parents. This will present to you a whole series of problems you are not yet prepared to handle. Stay your azz in school, grow up and stop whining..you have an opportunity, take advantage of it

Geeze....who's the dick?

Jk.

But seriously, he's basically right. If you drop out, you better have something you love to do waiting for you. The alternative is the military or becoming a cop/fireman. That's it, IMO.

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

I regret not joining some branch of the Military almost every day.

sounds like somebody needs some hobbies.

#45 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Stay strong buddy!

Im a sophomore as well (supposed to be graduating, but i took off two years after HS because i wanted to be rebellious and work for my fathers HVAC company, turns out that i would have to be inside of peoples 100+degree attics for 7 hours a day and then be the bitch to lug all the trash back to the truck and clean up, fug THAT).
My first semester at a big University was TERRIBLE. The classes are fugin huge, the kids all seem to know each other from HS and im over 200 miles away from my closest friend from hs. I tried joining some social groups/fraternities at my school, but the kids that attend this university are so spoiled and rich i dont fit in(sorry im from a bluecollar working class family, not a rich doushebag long islander) so that didnt go so well. I ended up getting really depressed and just sitting in my house smokin weed and doing school work everyday.

Last semester i decided to change all of that, College is about having a good time, not being a depressed mess because your not doing so well in your classes and everyones a dickface. You gotta do the same, we got two years left (and really, they do go by pretty fast), and finish up strong. I had the same conversation you had with your dad with mine. He told me that i can come home, but im going right back to work with him. This is our time, and the world is at our feet.

GET THAT DEGREE, JOIN THE ARMY AFTERWARDS, PAY BACK STUDENT LOANS, AND BAM!

you will be 26 years old, have an awesome degree(in what ever you want, dont let these jackasses tell you that you have to be an engineer to make mad money or what ever)put in your 4 years service for the government and your loan free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com