Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The odds of Beason coming back like he was, are not that good

107 posts in this topic

Posted

I was doing some research on another thread about the need for a inebacker in the draft and I came upon this article. It is about DeMeco Ryans but it mentions a 2009 study of NFL football players. The synopsis for those who hate to read is that roughly 66% of NFL athletes who have Achilles surgery return. But when they compare the 3 year pre-surgery stats with the 3 year post surgery stats there was a 50% rduction in power ratings which for linebackers was measured as interceptions and tackles. Even more problematic was that linebackers showed the biggest reduction of all groups on both the offense and defense.

So is it going for Ryans? In 2007-2009 he averaged 121 tackles a year. Last year it dropped to 64.

http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2011/08/a-medical-view-of-demeco-ryans-recovery-from-injury/

Historically linebackers have a 95% reduction in their power rating for the 3 years after surgery.

*There was a 95%, 87%, and 64% postinjury reduction in power ratings for linebackers, cornerbacks, and defensive tackles over the 3-year period

*Linebackers suffered the greatest reduction in power ratings of all types of players, both offensive and defensive

Anyone still not worried at all???

Posted

la la la la la la la la la NOT LISTENING!!!1

1 person likes this

Posted

I know a guy who is one of those health nuts and workout warriors....he tore his. Never was the same athlete after that. He still competed and did his triathlons and all his freakstuff.....but was never the same after it.

the human body is the human body....Beason has more cash and potentially better doctors but that alone doesn't give him odds that make it almost a certainty he will be the same guy.

Posted

Been trying to tell you guys this for awhile now. Davis isnt the one you need to be worried about.

achilles is a beast of an injury. . its called the ACHILLES for a reason. It sidelined history's greatest known champion.

Greatest known

Posted

i'm just going to try to forget this for now and go back to laughing at the saints

Posted

I was looking through the stats you provided and I didn't notice any on Beason.

Oh yeah, cuz it hasn't happened. Good luck proving irrelevant stats are less bullshit than faith.

Also, using Demeco Ryans as an example? Shame on you Panthers55, you should be better informed.

Posted

Well... I can sit around and piss my pants worrying about it, or I can watch the Panthers play next season, root for them, and wish them the best...

I choose option 2.

Posted

Can compare one individual to another until you are blue in the face. Im not a fan of it, where you guys keep your crystal ball?

How about we give the guy a chance? I hope rivera is smart enough to have a plan in case.

Posted

Just know that when he comes back he will have beaten very bad odds.

Posted

I was looking through the stats you provided and I didn't notice any on Beason.

Oh yeah, cuz it hasn't happened. Good luck proving irrelevant stats are less bullpoo than faith.

Also, using Demeco Ryans as an example? Shame on you Panthers55, you should be better informed.

You can also use Takeo Spikes as an example for a torn Achilles as well, tore his Achilles back in the 2005-2006 season. Took him three seasons to get back to being close to what he was before the injury. Ryans looked sluggish and less explosive last season as well. It's by far the worst injury an NFL player can get and I've never seen anyone come back from it and be the same the next season. It usually takes a couple of years at least.

Posted

Been a worry of mine for a while too.

No way to know till we see him back on the field.

Posted

Demeco Ryans isn't a good example because he also came back to a new system.

That said, yeah, Beason still isn't out of the pool.