#61 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,497 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Most do see a reduction in tackles seeing as there is anther body to compete with for the tackle, also he is a smaller LB.
He doesn't have the typical size to be a 3-4 ILB he is seeing more blocks from linemen.

Again do some homework and get back to me. Did the other linebackers see a reduction of production of 50% as a result of making the transition? Yes or no?? It is a simple question..................

#62 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

do some homework = pull up irrelevant stats and base your entire argument on them

Cam passed for 4000 yards and rushed for 700 yards last season. The odds of him doing it again is high. Does anyone care about the odds? No. Do the odds guarantee that he will repeat the same amount of success? Nope. Do the odds mean anything? Not even a little.

Edited by megadeth078, 06 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#63 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

do some homework = pull up irrelevant stats and base your entire argument on them

Cam passed for 4000 yards and rushed for 700 yards last season. The odds of him doing it again is high. Does anyone care about the odds? No. Do the odds guarantee that he will repeat the same amount of success? Nope. Do the odds mean anything? Not even a little.

Speaking of irrelevant stats and a ridiculous argument. This^^^^^^^

#64 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

weren't you trying to prove a point? didn't think you were one to cop out.

face it, "the odds" are meaningless and nobody cares

Edited by megadeth078, 06 March 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#65 BombzAway

BombzAway

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

I just hope Beason does everything necessary to completely recover as best possible. After TD I'm very leery of athletes who clearly are extremely competitive pushing themselves too soon.I know we need help on D badly but I'd prefer he take his time and come back in due time.

I somewhat agree that it's likely he'll take some time once he's fully healed and back on the field to get anywhere near his old self. I think the chances he gets back to that level of playing are not easily calculated. I'm pessimistic but hopeful....

Clearly with the injuries at the LB spot we have lost some play-makers (and it's likely to still be a bit before Beason gets back 100%). We're gonna need more impact players on the D somewhere. That's what we have have to find in this upcoming draft regardless of the exact defensive position IMO.

#66 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

weren't you trying to prove a point? didn't think you were one to cop out.

face it, "the odds" are meaningless

Actually I get tired of debating with those kind of inane arguments. How you can think that citing whether Cam Newton will reprise his rookie year is even remotely related to a medical study of players recovering from Achilles surgery is beyond me. One is based on 5 years of research and concludes that players have an average of 50% drop off and linebackers are the worse at 95%. The other is about a sophomore slump.

In what world are these things even remotely related other than they are both probability issues.

Edited by panthers55, 06 March 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,091 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Beason has been working out really hard and I've heard he said he was close to 100% already. So hopefully no Saints take a shot at his achilles. I think he will be okay though. I am hoping.

#68 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

If there is one person on this team that will give his heart and soul to overcome an injury and I mean any injury, that person would be the Beast. So I am very willing to get him a chance and see how it all plays out.

#69 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

An interview with David Beckham six months after his ruptured his Achilles, says he feels good, was able to play later on, in a physically demanding sport. Was he the same? I don't know, but he is playing now and on his feet for full lengths of the matches that he plays in.

Ryan Howard said that it's like re-learning how to learn after you get out of the boot, but strength wise it's coming back. Five months later. He said there's still going to be some healing, that it would take a little more time, but this was five months later.

No, Achilles injuries aren't the end of the world.

#70 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm honestly have concerns whether he return well enough to be an impact player for us.

Something tells me that the team will give him the chance to comeback without his replacement already here. That may, or may not be a mistake.
Historically, the panthers have fantastic at picking linebackers from all rounds of the draft. I'm sure they'll improve our depth.

Guess we'll know for sure, come draft day.

#71 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

The biggest indicator to me about his health is the fact that they're letting Dan Connor essentially just walk. If they were really concerned about Beason's health, then Connor would be talking to Hurney right now about a contract, or he would've already had an extension.

#72 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

The biggest indicator to me about his health is the fact that they're letting Dan Connor essentially just walk. If they were really concerned about Beason's health, then Connor would be talking to Hurney right now about a contract, or he would've already had an extension.

Three seasons in a row, we've started the season with TD as the starter and no back-up plan. I believe in Jon Beason, but the Panthers aren't exactly great at predicting the future.

#73 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I hope this is true. But the reality is that arthroscopic surgery is really just an advancement in how the surgery is done and the amount of invasiveness regarding the post operative recovery. The bigger question is functionality and the ability to recover use of it. I am no surgeon but the question remains are we doing something radically different that increases the patient's eventual use of the tendon or improving the surgical recovery only. In other words they may return to athletics in 7 months instead of 12, but if they are still only 50% of what they were, has anything changed???

How the surgery is done and the invasiveness are 2 of the 3 most important parts of the surgery. How well he responds is just up to his body now and time will tell. The fact is though this is no different than a ACL injury.

#74 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I just hope that if Beason needs a special boot to wear, the team goes ahead and places the order for it now.

#75 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

No need to be such an ass about it.

We have a great linebacker in Beason.
He tore his achilles.
Statistics and history show that athlete's production suffers after a torn achilles, especially linebackers. No matter which way you twist or approach that, it is relevant.

Linebacker stats by players who tore their achilles should be noticed, regardless of if any of them changed systems or whatnot (albeit those things matter to), it still holds weight, and if someone really needs to spell that out for you as to why, then you're hopeless.

I personally hope Beason can make a full recovery, but only time will tell if he can.
Achilles is a scary injury.

Edited by Coheed777, 06 March 2012 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.