Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Braves

354 posts in this topic

Posted

@LangoschMLB

#STLCards break out with "Infield Fly" chant during postgame celebration.

Go fug yourselves

Posted

Man i hate to see chipper jones go the 1 thing me and my daddy use to do is watch the braves play every time together when he got off of work my daddy passed away in 2004 but both of our fav player was chipper.

Sad day

Posted

Terrible day as a life long Braves fan. Just terrible day and horrible way for Chipper to go out. Braves got screwed, but also screwed themselves with all the errors. Here's hoping Wren can get put together a really good team in the off season. I'm so sick of late season/post season dissapointment with the Braves. I just want to get back to the World Series and win one.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least you guys HAVE a world series championship.... hell, I would be happy if the M's even made it there. haha

Posted

Looks like Bourn won't be in CF next year, it'll be BJ Upton. Guess they didn't like how he finished the year and will swap avg for power.

ESPN reporting 5 year 75 mil

Posted

Looks like Bourn won't be in CF next year, it'll be BJ Upton. Guess they didn't like how he finished the year and will swap avg for power.

ESPN reporting 5 year 75 mil

that's one expensive bj

Posted

man that's a lot of money. I'm excited about what he can bring to the braves though. Just has to get that average up and strikeouts down. I'm hearing the Braves are going to try and target Dexter Fowler, Alex Gordon, Denard Span or Shane Victorino now. I'd be happy with any of those

Posted

man that's a lot of money. I'm excited about what he can bring to the braves though. Just has to get that average up and strikeouts down. I'm hearing the Braves are going to try and target Dexter Fowler, Alex Gordon, Denard Span or Shane Victorino now. I'd be happy with any of those

As much as I hate Victorino, I'd love to have him in left field.

Posted

I hope we eventually go after his brother, Justin.

Upton-Upton-Heyward...man oh man. Fowler or Victorino would be cool for now, though.

Posted

Another name being thrown around is Cody Ross in LF, moving Prado to 3rd. Looks like Swisher will cost too much.

I'd love to have Justin too, but Arizona would be asking for Simmons and two pitchers. Still good to see Liberty Media spending money and not just sitting on what's cleared off the books.

I know Wren would like to move Uggla, but that contract looks horrible right now.

Posted

Yea, the best we can hope for in the Uggla situation is that he can atleast get back to how he was early in his career with the Marlins. Not holding my breath on that, though.

I'd be happy with Cody, and your right, it's good to see the organization spending some money. I really really like the acquisition of BJ. I just want him to get that average up a bit, and cut down on the strikeouts.

Posted

Could the Braves get Ichiro?

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/7429/20121202/atlanta-braves-rumors-ichiro-a-target-after-losing-patience-with-yankees-new-york-mlb-free-agent.htm

I say Wren better jump on that right now. I don't care that he is 39. He is the perfect lead off hitter that we need. He is very productive. He never strikes out and gets on base all the time. And he can still steal bases with ease. Just imagine him getting on with Prado hitting right behind him and then all that power in the middle of the line up. Would be crazy good. Go get him Wren.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0