Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Braves

353 posts in this topic

Posted

Braves raped Arizona so hard in this trade. Chris Johnson is an awesome player locked up through 2017. Very similar to Prado but with more power. I think between him and Fransisco a starter will emerge to be full time 3B.

Well, umm no, on the Chris Johnson part. His bat is similar, with a lower average, but his defense is fuging awful. He's literally been the WORST third baseman, in defensive metrics, each of the last three years. Think Troy Glaus in 2010 bad.

Posted

Well, umm no, on the Chris Johnson part. His bat is similar, with a lower average, but his defense is fuging awful. He's literally been the WORST third baseman, in defensive metrics, each of the last three years. Think Troy Glaus in 2010 bad.

whatevs. I don't give 2 fugs about defensive metrics. I'm talking about with a bat, he is very similar. Average is in the same ball park as Prado's. Besides he can be a back up first baseman. You don't have to be Ozzie Smith to play first. Or 3rd really. He will be serviceable. I understand that he is nothing more than a good utility man off the bench. Terd or Salcedo is the Brave's future 3B anyways.

Posted

Gonna be a lot of strikeouts acquired by this group, but also a lot of homeruns hit and some speed in that outfield. Still excited and hype about this trade!!

Posted

BBZqpBZCAAAtSng.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted

Prado signed for 4 years/40 million with Arizona.

I'm pretty happy the Braves got something for him going out the door because there's no way they would have given him 10mil a year.

Posted

Both Justin and BJ having a pretty good spring so far. Can't wait for the regular season to start up.

Posted

yeah both Upton's are killing it so far, and Jason had 3 homers within 10 at bats and he probably hitting better than anyone. Those 3 will be awesome to watch this season. Uggla still looks like the worst hitter of all time. No surprise there. Can't wait for that guy to be off the team.

Posted

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25683807&source=MLB&gid=2013_03_08_nedint_cubint_1

Simba.

Posted

Yeah, no surprise with Uggla, he's always horrible in ST...Pastornicky is running circles around him.

At least there have been some good signs coming out of it. Gattis looks to be playing his way onto the roster, it'll be interesting where they play him. The 3rd base platoon actually has looked pretty good too. Hopefully this is the year Francisco puts it all together.

Feels like the first time in a while the Braves haven't had a lot of starting pitcher depth, but all they really need is a guy to get through 5 with that bullpen.

Posted

Justin Upton crushed two long balls today against the Phils. He has such a pretty swing, hopefully he's able to get 35-40 homers for us this year.

Posted

justin upton hit a fuging bomb today

Posted

Not only do I expect big things from the outfield, but I think this is going to be a very strong year for Freddie Freeman and he can easily keep up with those guys.

Glad Gattis made the team, but it doesn't look good for Venters this year.

Hamels and Hudson on day 1, not in our favor, but hopefully the bats stay hot.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0