4 replies to this topic

#1 jasonv1

jasonv1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Update:

I found some seats in 348 on one of the PSL sites.

Looking forward to the upcoming season!

Initial message:

For Club III I prefer the "inside" sections (319-20, 339-40, 311-12, 347-48). Ideally, with parking (unless you are one of those rare people with $130 seats).

For lowers between the 10's is preferred.

I'm looking more for people than WANT to sell their PSL's rather than people who are considering selling them.

I'd like to own PSL's but if need be I'll buy tickets from the secondary market and still get good seats and prices. I'm just seeing if there is anyone out there who just wants to get rid of theirs (for $ of course). I've been watching the PSL sites and Craigslist for 6 weeks now (multiple times a day) and it it just seems like no one is serious about selling their seats because the prices seem high and very few are moving.

Thanks all!

- Jason

Edited by jasonv1, 15 March 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#2 cat house

cat house

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

The good PSL's will always be expensive. The bad PSL's will always be cheap. Which ones do you want? The better the team is, the higher the price.

#3 jasonv1

jasonv1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

I realize that, but if you can't sell them what are they really worth?

There was a pair of Club III's w/ parking pass (and 150 ticket price) on eBay a few weeks back for 3500 (for both); they got one bid. I didn't bid on them because they were closer to the endzones than I would have liked.

Plus how long are they really good for at this point? The stadium is 15 years old, and given that the value of the team (and the NFL in general) is continuing to going up I don't see this stadium lasting 30 years, let alone 25.

I totally respect when people are throwing them up there to see if they can get any takers. Supply and demand and all that. If you get get your asking price go for it. I even understand the high prices for specific seats (such as behind the bench, or end zone first row), but there are a small number of seats that are truly that unique.

I'll just keep plugging away and see what I find. I'm starting to think single game tickets (or buying someone elses season tickets) are the smarter move anyway, unless there are perks to owning PSL's not talked about publicly or mentioned on the Panther website.

Jason

The good PSL's will always be expensive. The bad PSL's will always be cheap. Which ones do you want? The better the team is, the higher the price.

#4 walkinwillie

walkinwillie

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Totally get where you are coming from Jason - and that is one reason that I am selling my PSLs for less than the vast majority of folks out there. I went to www.seatsandsuites.com/ and other PSL broker sites, saw what people were asking and priced my three Club III seats lower at $2225 each.

Will I sell them for that? I don't know but Club Seat PSLs are an upper middle class to rich man's game. The main reason I am selling mine is that I don't live close enough to Charlotte that it is worth my time to give up my whole Sunday for a game. I would rather tailgate at college football games if I am going to hit the road. When I lived in Rock Hill, it was a total of five hours out of my day - now it would be more like ten hours and I'm not going to do that very often.

The next-to-last factor in this whole mess is how good will the Panthers be in the next few years. They definitely have the QB and that is by far the biggest piece of any successful franchise. If they start getting really good, it changes the market. I remember when the Panthers were going to the playoff on a regular basis, I consistently got top dollar for my tickets on eBay - last few years, not so much.

Finally, the last factor is the economy but if the Panthers are good (or even great), that won't matter so much. The Panthers might be a playoff team this year and I definitely think they will be in 2013 so if you want really good PSLs at a reasonable price, this year might be your last year to do so. Secondary market tickets for good to great seats could very well go up a lot in 2013 - heck, might go up this year. Cam Newton is one heck of a draw.

At the end of the day, it boils down to good old fashioned supply and demand. For the last few years, supply has FAR exceeded demand - I look for that to change some this Fall - just don't know how much.

#5 jasonv1

jasonv1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

The people who bought Club I's are the worst off; I've seen a pair of 316 row 2's for 1000/each that have just sat there due to ticket prices. Those Club I ticket prices are just killer. Heck there was a guy on Craigslist a few weeks back who was happy just to give away his 4 Club II's if you could cover the ~800 bucks he owes the team (plus the transfer fee).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.