#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Maybe that's what it was and I just wasn't seeing it as the writing, but you have a good point. It was almost like it was piecemeal in the way that the story flowed... and it seemed to me that there were contradictory statements a LOT in there. So yeah, I guess the writing was most of the issue I had with it...

#17 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Haven't read anything new since finishing A Dance with Dragons. Since getting my Kindle Fire I've actually gone back and reread old favorites of mine. Mostly Steven King stuff (It, The Stand, etc). I'll be checking out that book epi posted though...that one sounds pretty good.

#18 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have nothing to contribute as of the moment except I at first thought this thread was about this great website

http://www.goodreads.com/

if you don't know about it...you should definitely check it out..it's great..you can make lists of what you've read, want to read and are currently reading. You can follow authors, follow friends and groups.

just thought I'd throw my 2cents in

#19 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I finished reading the first three A Song of Ice and Fire books and needed a break before I could start the last 2.
I just finished American Gods and it was really good

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Still reading The Wise Man's Fear, the second book in Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles... It's actually pretty decent...

#21 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

anyone read the Steve Jobs book yet? Thinking about getting it.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Has anyone read Divergent? Friend of mine is recommending it but i tend to read books with more than one recommendation.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Starting the Wheel of Time series now.

God help me....

#24 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Ah dammit Kurb.

I forgotted about this thread.

Ok, lemme remember what I have read lately...

The Snake Eaters was very good, by Owen West.

The other 3 I read recently are not worth the bandwidth.

#25 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Has anyone read Divergent? Friend of mine is recommending it but i tend to read books with more than one recommendation.

I read it in two days actually :)

it was good..I enjoyed it...It's a YA adult book..so it's a very quick read. If you liked Hunger Games you'll more than likely like it

#26 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm about to start reading Freakonomics. GF just finished it up on the kindle and said I'll like it.

It's extremely hard for me to read anything but non fiction. The last book I read was Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy.

#27 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

I recently started listening to my books..I never realized how much I can get done whilst listening!! you know..like clean the kitchen and make the hubby sammiches..walk the dog..drive to/from work....anyhoo..this is what I started listening to yesterday

Posted Image

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Are those numbers on the cover ^ ? Looks like the Matrix.... what's it about?

#29 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Publisher's Summary

Technology controls almost everything in our modern-day world, from remote entry on our cars to access to our homes, from the flight controls of our airplanes to the movements of the entire world economy. Thousands of autonomous computer programs, or daemons, make our networked world possible, running constantly in the background of our lives, trafficking e-mail, transferring money, and monitoring power grids. For the most part, daemons are benign, but the same can't always be said for the people who design them.
Matthew Sobol was a legendary computer game designer - the architect behind half-a-dozen popular online games. His premature death depressed both gamers and his company's stock price. But Sobol's fans aren't the only ones to note his passing. When his obituary is posted online, a previously dormant daemon activates, initiating a chain of events intended to unravel the fabric of our hyper-efficient, interconnected world. With Sobol's secrets buried along with him, and as new layers of his daemon are unleashed at every turn, it's up to an unlikely alliance to decipher his intricate plans and wrest the world from the grasp of a nameless, faceless enemy - or learn to live in a society in which we are no longer in control. . . .

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sounds like something I would like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com