Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

The catch-all ACC Tourny Thread

161 posts in this topic

Nothing shows class more than winning an ACC tourney and STILL crying about refs.

The trick is playing so well they don't matter.

The trick is playing so well they don't matter.

They didn't matter. Didn't see any ref bias in calls. FSU won because they shot over 60% from the field, made 5 or 6 more 3 pointers, and played great defense. Refs don't even enter the equation.

By the way...cue the FSU choke job in the tourney. They have learned to play well against UNC and dook...but can't seem to do it against everybody else.

They didn't matter. Didn't see any ref bias in calls. FSU won because they shot over 60% from the field, made 5 or 6 more 3 pointers, and played great defense. Refs don't even enter the equation.

You're shooting 75%.

By the way...cue the FSU choke job in the tourney. They have learned to play well against UNC and dook...but can't seem to do it against everybody else.

I don't think they'll choke. They have a mature team. I hope they represent the ACC and take out say a Kentucky, Cuse, Missouri, Kansas, or Ohio St.

I don't think they'll choke. They have a mature team. I hope they represent the ACC and take out say a Kentucky, Cuse, Missouri, Kansas, or Ohio St.

I think they will. They've lost what..9 or 10 games this year? I see a choke coming against a nobody team.

They certainly have the ability to play with any team. But, they don't shoot this well against most teams and seem to rely heavily on outside shooting. That's generally not a recipe to get far in the tourney. One off night and you're toast. They do, however, have a pooload of guys who can shoot. They likely won't all go cold on the same night.

I can see them getting to the sweet 16 without too much trouble, decent chance for the 8 and an outside shot at the final 4.

I don't think any of the ACC teams will make the final four this year. All of the top 3 teams could choke.

FSU has the best shot, unless Barnes and/or Rivers go wild for four games.

Duke has no shot at the Final 4. UNC can go all the way if they play like they did in the second half today, with Henson.

Duke has no shot at the Final 4.

Same was said about them in 2010.