Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double34Trouble28

Ron Edwards

52 posts in this topic

wow is this serious? holy crap I've thought I'd heard it all. Ron Edwards has been mentioned a freaking ton. You should probably read through threads before saying stuff out of your butt. The reason one would draft a DT, is because we are very weak at that position behind Edwards. And Edwards is up in age and won't be here forever. Neblett could be good, but I have little to no hope for McClain/Fua. We HAVE to get a big run stuffer in the middle of the line. That is one of the most important things you need for your defense to be successful, and we haven't had it since Jenkins.

1 person likes this

I'm pissed off that nobody ever mentions Jason Shirley. Dude is legitimate pro-bowler

wow is this serious? holy crap I've thought I'd heard it all. Ron Edwards has been mentioned a freaking ton. You should probably read through threads before saying stuff out of your butt.
ummm....
Why is it that every freaking mock I read online...
maybe someone should have read the OP before talking out of their butt?

just sayin...

Maybe I'd feel a little better if they'd throw out there that we should have had him last season before they go piling on about our atrocious run defense.

And yeah, read the original message before you go flying off at the mouth with stupid poo.

Writing off both 3rd round rookie DTs who started from game 1 is very short-sighted. This position almost always takes at least 1 year just to develop their pro body. CJ sucked his first two years.

We have alot of young players still developing on the d-line and I would feel more comfortable bringing in a veteran like garay rather than throwing another rookie into the mix

I'm not writing off the rookies. But you honestly can't say we are set at the DT position. They have 2 more years to grow into their roles. Then you can make the case that they are busts or not. Even with Edwards, we are still weak in that position.

derp ron edwards is coming back that automatically makes our d line best in the league guys derp

Poor Ronny. I'll be honest, I don't know or care who they take with the 1st. If they went offensive with it, people would be calling for heads to roll. But tbh I won't complain about who they take with the 1st as long as it is a quality player that makes an immediate impact. I think we need to be done drafting project players (AE) for good. It's a waste of a pick that could go towards someone who could make a real impact RIGHT NOW.

yeah, but you answered the question there as well.

ron edwards has done nothing to show that DT isn't something that needs to be upgraded or addressed in the draft.

why would anyone look at our roster and think..."hey! wait a minute...they've got that ron edwards guy. DT is covered."?

ron edwards is an afterthought.

he's on the wrong side of 30. he's coming back from an injury that caused him to miss the whole season. i don't see him as a long term solution. i don't see him as "the answer" or "the missing link" on the Dline. he's just a guy they brought in to make a weak Dline not so weak. not a powerhouse. not a dominant force.

it did not cause him to miss the entire season....putting him on IR did.

RR spoke about this at sometime during the season.

I don't know how he figures into the cap, but would anyone be surprised if we actually cut Edwards? I mean who's to say he comes back healthy, and hes not exactly a young stud. Again this may be pointless if he has a very low cap figure but if he doesn't than he should probably be gone to save us some money. there are better FA tackles on the market that can be had for cheap..

Yeah I would be surprised. He had a pectoral tear not an Achilles heel injury, he was solid for years in the league and he was great mentoring the rookies.

His salary is 1.5 million with a cap hit of 2.3 million. If we cut him we have 1.66 in dead cap space. So keeping him will cost us 700,000 in cap space over cutting him. Who could we bring in cheaper???

IN 2010 for Kansas City he had 29 tackles (2TFL), 2 sacks and 1 PD. What exactly did you want from a nose tackle. Kemo who was pretty solid for us in 2008 had only 36 tackles and 0 sacks.