Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherj Mock Draft #1

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

1st: Quinton Coples, Defensive End, North Carolina

Speed, height, strenght, athleticism, long arms, fierce disengage to ditch the lineman and destroy the QB, balanced and stays on his feet, decent against the run. Really need to land him and reenergise our pass rush.

2nd: Stephon Gilmore, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA

This is not my final mock draft, and I'm the fence with this pick. What I like abou this pick is that he can play #2 CB if Hogan is a bust, he can play nickel, or if Godfrey goes down with injury, I really think we could plug this guy in after he learns the position, and he can be our gunner on STs. I might change this pick in my next mock, but right now he's on my mind.

4th: Sean Spence, Miami Hurricanes, OLB

I just love this guy. I mean that burst of speed he has, it's like he's fired out of a cannon, and we need that for our defense. We need a guy who can cover a lot of ground, burst through a gap in the line, and just level the QB. We're going to use our LBs to blitz the QB, and I have to believe we can use this guy.

5th: Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

Ron Rivera said he wanted scat back, well here ya go. I actually feel confident that we might take this guy at this pick unless he's shot up the draft boards for one reason or another.

6th: Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

Depth

7th: Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

Punt returns.

Posted · Report post

I Like it.

I don't think Spence will last that long though and Mel Kiper said Gilmore was in contention with Kirkpatrick for the #2 corner in the draft.

Posted · Report post

I don't like coples at all to many people even former Carolina Player saying stay away from me.

Posted · Report post

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

Posted · Report post

I'm on the fence with this mock. Defensive End isn't a HUGE need per say.

Posted · Report post

I like it well enough. I like Mitchell Schwartz in the 4th if he's available more than Spence and Demario Davis in the 5th if he's available more than Joe Schmoe TE.

Posted · Report post

I can live with this draft. Hate the TE pick though. We have TE depth.

Posted · Report post

LOVE the first two picks.

Posted · Report post

I wish there was a way to snag Cox and Hightower

Posted · Report post

I know there are a lot of people who do not like Coples, but trust RR to get the most out of him.

Posted · Report post

I could live with this one too. Not wild about TE, Spence- ehh. We do need to address LB sometime and this would get us some KR/PR help.

I have not been on the Coples bandwagon as I would prefer to trade down, but if we stay at #9 we need an impact player. As much as I am intrigued by Poe, he did not produce at Memphis. At least Coples showed flashes of impact, even if some worry about taking plays off.

I like Gilmore or Robinson in 2nd. After that, who knows what's left. But we need KR, LB, ST help. I wouldn't mind getting a tall, athletic TE project late, but dont have anyone in mind that would be there after rd 5.

Posted · Report post

Coples WILL be gone at #9. He won't get past the Jags at #7.