31 replies to this topic

#1 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

1st: Quinton Coples, Defensive End, North Carolina

Speed, height, strenght, athleticism, long arms, fierce disengage to ditch the lineman and destroy the QB, balanced and stays on his feet, decent against the run. Really need to land him and reenergise our pass rush.

2nd: Stephon Gilmore, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA

This is not my final mock draft, and I'm the fence with this pick. What I like abou this pick is that he can play #2 CB if Hogan is a bust, he can play nickel, or if Godfrey goes down with injury, I really think we could plug this guy in after he learns the position, and he can be our gunner on STs. I might change this pick in my next mock, but right now he's on my mind.

4th: Sean Spence, Miami Hurricanes, OLB

I just love this guy. I mean that burst of speed he has, it's like he's fired out of a cannon, and we need that for our defense. We need a guy who can cover a lot of ground, burst through a gap in the line, and just level the QB. We're going to use our LBs to blitz the QB, and I have to believe we can use this guy.

5th: Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

Ron Rivera said he wanted scat back, well here ya go. I actually feel confident that we might take this guy at this pick unless he's shot up the draft boards for one reason or another.

6th: Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

Depth

7th: Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

Punt returns.

#2 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

I Like it.

I don't think Spence will last that long though and Mel Kiper said Gilmore was in contention with Kirkpatrick for the #2 corner in the draft.

#3 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I don't like coples at all to many people even former Carolina Player saying stay away from me.

#4 P-paw

P-paw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

#5 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,024 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm on the fence with this mock. Defensive End isn't a HUGE need per say.

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

I like it well enough. I like Mitchell Schwartz in the 4th if he's available more than Spence and Demario Davis in the 5th if he's available more than Joe Schmoe TE.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,414 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

I can live with this draft. Hate the TE pick though. We have TE depth.

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

LOVE the first two picks.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,271 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

I wish there was a way to snag Cox and Hightower

#10 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I know there are a lot of people who do not like Coples, but trust RR to get the most out of him.

#11 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I could live with this one too. Not wild about TE, Spence- ehh. We do need to address LB sometime and this would get us some KR/PR help.

I have not been on the Coples bandwagon as I would prefer to trade down, but if we stay at #9 we need an impact player. As much as I am intrigued by Poe, he did not produce at Memphis. At least Coples showed flashes of impact, even if some worry about taking plays off.
I like Gilmore or Robinson in 2nd. After that, who knows what's left. But we need KR, LB, ST help. I wouldn't mind getting a tall, athletic TE project late, but dont have anyone in mind that would be there after rd 5.

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Coples WILL be gone at #9. He won't get past the Jags at #7.

#13 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,398 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

Where is the Peppers side of the equation? I think we will have two Mike Ruckers

#14 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,271 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

I've been seeing them taking Ingram in a couple mocks

#15 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Unless they trade out--I think there will be some trades in the top 10. OR if Blackmon falls to them--I see them going with the best WR over Coples.

Who might trade with Jax? A team wanting Tannehill could jump Miami. Waiting for free agency to clear the waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.