Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherj Mock Draft #1

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

Where is the Peppers side of the equation? I think we will have two Mike Ruckers

Posted

Coples WILL be gone at #9. He won't get past the Jags at #7.

I've been seeing them taking Ingram in a couple mocks

Posted

Coples WILL be gone at #9. He won't get past the Jags at #7.

Unless they trade out--I think there will be some trades in the top 10. OR if Blackmon falls to them--I see them going with the best WR over Coples.

Who might trade with Jax? A team wanting Tannehill could jump Miami. Waiting for free agency to clear the waters

Posted

I've been seeing them taking Ingram in a couple mocks

I have too. I just am preparing myself for not having a shot at him.

I still think DE is a big need now.

Posted

Unless they trade out--I think there will be some trades in the top 10. OR if Blackmon falls to them--I see them going with the best WR over Coples.

Who might trade with Jax? A team wanting Tannehill could jump Miami. Waiting for free agency to clear the waters

That was my thinking in this draft. It's my hope that Coples falls to us, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Posted

if the FO and coaching staff are 100% convinced that cople's motivational problems aren't an issue and gilmore falls out of the first round (which i don't see happening) then i love this mock.

still feel like we'd need to bring in another DT like red bryant or garay but overall i'd be feel really good about it.

Posted

I like Gilmore, and Spence if he is available in the 4th

Posted

Thing about Coples is that he would definitely jolt our pass rush. 3rd down especially.

Johnson, Edwards, Hardy, Coples on 3rd down could be hell-acious.

Posted

Edwards will not be in on 3rd downs.

Posted

agreed.

if we did draft coples and didn't add a guy like bryant or garay i could see us using some combo of CJ, coples, and hardy on a 3 man front.

Posted

Touche but would you rather have McClain getting beasted?

Posted

C.J, Hardy, Neblett, Coples, all kinds of combos available.