Photo
- - - - -

Redskins trade up to #2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

#121 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

They will bring in some talent at WR, and OL.plus the running game and defense will help them be a respectable team,that's the way you go get your guy.

#122 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Better hope this guy can stay on the field. That would be my only worry as a Skins fan.

#123 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

3 1sts round picks ? Holy poo.

well, they're calling it 3 first rounders, but it's really only 2. they switched firsts this year (plus their 2nd) and added their firsts from the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

considering the kids talent and that he fits a shanny offense pretty perfectly, not a bad call. it's steep, but makes sense.

i'm just glad we didn't have to do anything but suck for a year to get a better QB.

#124 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

If RG III plays as in the pros as well as he did in college, no worries for Washington.

Based on his interviews, he seems like a very bright and mature young guy as well.

5 years from now, it will be interesting to see where he is, and where Cam is, as far as QB ratings, wins, etc.

#125 Kyle82

Kyle82

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Redskin/Panther game= Prime Time????!!!! :cool:

#126 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

RG3 is going to be really good, but I think they gave up way too much. I know Snyder will spend money in free agency, but whats different about that???

Big risk by the Skins.

Oh yeah, id take cam over him anyday all day.

#127 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Would I have done what Washington did? Only after being assured that I couldn't get Manning or Flynn. Even then I would have to be assured that RGIII is worlds better than Tannehill who would have been there when we picked. For all that, I could have taken Tennehill and even Osweiler or Weeden in the second. Didn't Dalton show that second rounders can be effective in the right offense.

Think about it, what gives you the best chance to find a franchise quarterback- taking one in the first and second round this year and then using your first rounder the next 2 years to pick another one if this year's didn't work out, or putting all those picks together and betting the farm on RGIII.

Think about it, if Gabbert were the second best QB would someone make a big move up for him and would that have worked out if it was only switching 1s and next years first rounder?? Is RGIII that much better coming out of college than Gabbert was touted to be??? I know some will say yes but remember most folks had Gabbert higher than Newton. Did Cam forever change that paradigm? After all if not for him, RGIII wouldn't even be a first rounder. Yeah I know their skill sets are somewhat different but lets be real, RGIII is number 2 because of Cam's success as much as for his own merit.

Edited by panthers55, 10 March 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#128 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

It’s a huge risk but if RG3 lives up to all of his talent then what they gave up will be nothing in comparison to having a franchise QB. It was a good move.

#129 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

George Preston Marshall rollin over in his grave. Lmbao.

Im happy RG3 is getting his shot, but he's goin to a shitty situation. No receivers, no O-line (in a division wit big physical D Lines), the team just mortgaged future picks, and Shanny is his coach! Sheesh, his career may be over before it starts. Good luck.

#130 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Bad move. But it will put butts in seats.

#131 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Playing for the Tie

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

So by this trades logic, Cam is worth 5 1st rounders and a couple extra picks.

Wonder how much our game against the Redskins earlier in the year played a part in Snyder wanting RGIII? Probably called JR up during the game and offered 10 1st round picks. :cool:

#132 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Lot to give up but i love the kid. Washington hasn't had a great QB since....Hell they haven't had a good QB since..The Kid has it all. Great arm strength. Highly accurate with a fast release. Smart smart and more smart, Squeaky clean, no questions about his past. Everybody knows he's fast. I mean hey, the list could go on and on. Can't wait to see him on the field. Reminds me of a faster, more athletic John Elway. I'm stoked!

#133 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Lot to give up but i love the kid. Washington hasn't had a great QB since....Hell they haven't had a good QB since..The Kid has it all. Great arm strength. Highly accurate with a fast release. Smart smart and more smart, Squeaky clean, no questions about his past. Everybody knows he's fast. I mean hey, the list could go on and on. Can't wait to see him on the field. Reminds me of a faster, more athletic John Elway. I'm stoked!

Holy fug, since when did you make a new account?
Don't you think it's time you left already?

#134 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

1) As of 15 mins ago.
2) no

#135 section543

section543

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

RGIII will do for the redskins what Cam did for the Panthers- there is risk ON the field on whether he will produce, or how soon he produces, but he will be an immediate star OFF the field in DC. The Skins will go from laughing stock to getting mentioned every Sunday, like Cam was last year.