Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

declawing a cat

54 posts in this topic

We got a couple nice ones off Craigslist, you'll probably have to deal with some whack cat lady but it's worth the effort. :lol:

We have this exact one. I didn't pay that much for it though.

http://www.armarkat.com/products/Classic-Cat-Tree-B3803.html

We also have one similar to this one. The one we have stands about 5 ft tall.

http://www.armarkat.com/products/Classic-Cat-Tree-A5201.html

We have one of these.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Cat-Scratching-Post-with-Sisal-Cats/6371742

We have three round sisal scratching disks that are about 1 foot in diameter and we have one of those cardboard scratching things too but he really doesn't use that one that much.

Our cat uses all of it he likes the sisal better than the carpet stuff. It didn't take long to train him to use it. Every time I'd see him want to scratch I would take him over to the scratching post and force him to scratch on the post instead. After about 2 days he started doing it on his own. To deter your cat from using the furniture get some double sided sticky tape and put on the spots he likes to claw at the most. You can also get a citrus spray and spray the area. They hate citrus smelling stuff.

I got ours second handed too. There's no sense in paying that kind of money for one brand new. I bought the small ones new though because we needed something right away when we got him.

I got my cats to stop scratching furniture by putting tape on it. I took it off a month later and they still didn't scratch it.

My parents' cat stopped scratching their furniture when they bought a rug. He scratches that now.

Better idea... Dress as your couch and scratch your cat back. Karma is a bitch.

If I caught my cat scratching something he shouldn't be scratching I grabbed him by the neck like his momma did and pulled a smelly sock over his head and then tied a rubber band around his neck to hold the sock in his face. Then I'd pick his ass up by the neck again and throw him in the dishwasher and run him in it on a heavy cycle. After a few times of that he wouldn't scratch anything.

2 people like this

sounds reasonable

Our oldest is declawed, had to get it done when we moved into a rental house... Can't say I notice any psychological effects, he's a happy cat. Always trys to get outside tho. He still scratches at stuff like he has claws. That said, I found out after the fact what the actual procedure was, and if I'd know that then, I dunno if I would have done it. He still has a better life now than he was living when I found him. It's a fuged up thing tho, I wouldn't do it again.

Credit to Biscuit for this one...

this-is-true-33.jpg?w=500&h=396

Sorry, our boys would kick his ass. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=35368&d=1331438812

Here hunting pond fish in our enclosed center patio.

Damn, what kind are those?? I've been thinking of getting a badass cat myself.

Sorry, our boys would kick his ass. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=35368&d=1331438812

Here hunting pond fish in our enclosed center patio.

holy crap, are those bengals??

Damn, what kind are those?? I've been thinking of getting a badass cat myself.

:nono:

:nono:

don't hate....real men like cats imo...those that don't...well, they have no soul and are going to hell

1 person likes this