Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manning choosing between...

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Denver need a lot more pieces though than say a Miami or Arizona, heck even a Seattle. Plus you factor in the cold weather, if I'm Manning I won't be going there. But since I'm not who knows.

I just think to label the only 2 places he's been to as favorites is premature.

Well it is ESPN :lol:

Ariz and Miami make the most sense to me here. Would've been scary to see him on the Texans though.

Peyton Manning to Larry Fitzgerald...

Peyton Manning to Brandon Marshall...

Peyton manning to Andre Johnson...

if I'm a defensive coordinator, any one of those scenarios makes me wanna throw up.

Posted

Denver makes no sense for Manning. For one, he clashes with Fox' philosophy. And two, he's played poorly in bad weather conditions for his entire career.

Posted

Denver makes no sense for Manning. For one, he clashes with Fox' philosophy. And two, he's played poorly in bad weather conditions for his entire career.

He kinda works for Fox's philosophy because Fox could just leave the offense in his hands and not worry about it. If that kind of autonomy is desirable for Peyton, then it could work for him too.

All that said, I don't think the Broncos are his best option either.

Posted

If Denver adds Wayne, I think that's actually a good receiving core. If they can add Clark and Addai on the cheap, it will be an amazing offense. You just have to hope the defense holds up, as they seem to be a little more middle of the pack with the secondary being so old (Dawkins, Bailey, Goodman, etc.)
Denver Colts

Posted

If Denver adds Wayne, I think that's actually a good receiving core. If they can add Clark and Addai on the cheap, it will be an amazing offense.

Coordinated by Mike McCoy... :sosp:

Posted

The Golden Calf of Bristol to jacksonville!!!! An actual upgrade to gabbert

No, it's really not.

Posted

I still think he ends up in Miami.

Posted

Denver Colts

The Indianver Broncolts

Coordinated by Mike McCoy... :sosp:

I'm pretty sure when you bring in Manning you are saying "You run the offense". This is the guy that waved off Tony Dungy's punt teams at times and called his own plays, and there's only a few coaches in the league now that are as respected as Dungy was.

You know what you are agreeing to when you sign Peyton.

Posted

The Indianver Broncolts

I'm pretty sure when you bring in Manning you are saying "You run the offense". This is the guy that waved off Tony Dungy's punt teams at times and called his own plays, and there's only a few coaches in the league now that are as respected as Dungy was.

a testament to mike mccoy's offensive aptitude

Posted

I can't see him succeeding in Denver. Even in his prime he was above average at best when outside of his comfy dome.

Posted

True, but given the options I think any one of us would happily make that decision :lol: