tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

You all deserved the ACC title. Good luck in the tourney

And it's not often that a team beats UNC and Duke twice in the same year.

#2 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

They were the better this day....UNC not having henson was a big factor....Congrats to FSU, first ever ACC championship!!

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I seriously don't care. The ACC tourny is so irrelevant. It doesn't matter at all. I'm not going to whine over officiating like State fans did. I am just happy that Henson did not play. This will only make UNC stronger in the NCAA tourny. Oh yeah, still are the #1 seed. I'm a happy Tar Heels fan.

#4 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

They earned it, lights out shooting.

Hopefully they don't fall out of the tourney in the first round to a terrible team.

#5 Duncan81

Duncan81

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

you all?

#6 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Anyone else notice all year how barnes is not clutch at all?

His shot selection almost cost us the game vs NCSU and down the stretch today he came up empty on all the big possessions

Dude will be a top 5, no doubt on potential alone... but he ain't ready.

#7 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Barnes didn't really play any better this year, and teams started defending him better. Agreed, he could use another year to step up a level.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

I seriously don't care. The ACC tourny is so irrelevant. It doesn't matter at all. I'm not going to whine over officiating like State fans did. I am just happy that Henson did not play. This will only make UNC stronger in the NCAA tourny. Oh yeah, still are the #1 seed. I'm a happy Tar Heels fan.

First of all grats to FSU and their fans. Great game, great coach...they deserve it.

As for UNC being a #1 seed, I wouldn't bank on that just yet. Today would have sewn it up...now it's up in the air I think. I am also glad that Roy rested Henson. They said he looked good in warmups but I think we need him to be as healthy as possible for the NCAA tourney. No need to risk aggravating the injury or prolonging the healing.

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Barnes didn't really play any better this year, and teams started defending him better. Agreed, he could use another year to step up a level.

I actually thought he took a step back this year. He was more clutch last year. Don't know what his plans are but I don't think he'll contribute immediately in the NBA. He still has some upside to him, so he needs to decide if he wants to sit the bench in the NBA or start for Carolina next year.

Our best players this year were #1 Zeller, #2 Marshall, #3 Henson. Barnes was #4 IMO.

#10 Doworksaysgotohellunc

Doworksaysgotohellunc

SWAG POINT OHHHHHHHHHH

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

They were the best team this weekend. Plus playing Duke and unc not at full strength helps. They play to other teams weaknesses instead of playing the same style against every team . Great strategy better inside then duke better outside then unc.

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

They were the better this day....UNC not having henson was a big factor....Congrats to FSU, first ever ACC championship!!

Without Henson FSU scored 1.18 pts per possession. With Henson FSU scored 1.18 pts per possession.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

A UNC fan whining about the refs is like Hugh Hefner whining about getting tail.

#13 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

contrast FSU.

Barnes and Henson could use another year.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Congrats to the undisputed best team in the ACC

#15 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER