#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,667 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Derek Anderson looked pretty damn good in preseason last year, outplayed cam statistically and had a number of people on this board calling for him start the season. All reports coming out of camps last year as well as down the road during the season suggested that he was an excellent locker room presence, helped guys in the film room, and connected well with Cam as a mentor.

The only problem is he doesn't fit the prototype of the system we're running. Our offensive philosophy matches the Air Coryell, but Chudz looks to be taking it beyond that and tailoring it to the strengths of a mobile quarterback.

If this is the case, then neither Anderson nor Pickles fit the mold. If Cam is the archetype for the breed of quarterback and playing style that we are implementing, it makes sense to get a backup matching the starter's physical traits. Anderson has experience with the Air Coryell but little of Cam's ability to roll out of the pocket. Pickles has the escapability and versatility of a blastocyst.

If the team looks around at other options, who would you consider as legitimate candidates?

If David Garrard is willing to take backup money would you want to see him in a Panthers uniform? He is a proven commodity, great locker room guy, been around long enough to offer some leadership and help Cam develop.

The team has two days before Anderson hits the market, so I'm sure they're heavily considering the options.

#2 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I think we should only carry 2 QBs, because we really don't need 3. My list includes Jason Campbell, Dennis Dixon, David Garrard, or Seneca Wallace.

#3 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Cam Newton
Derek Anderson/Russell Wilson

#4 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • LocationHickory

If I'm not mistaken, weren't there reports that part of why he was released was because he didn't want to tutor Gabbert.

#5 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

If the team looks around at other options, who would you consider as legitimate candidates?

Dennis Dixon or Josh Johnson.

#6 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

I think we should only carry 2 QBs, because we really don't need 3. My list includes Jason Campbell, Dennis Dixon, David Garrard, or Seneca Wallace.

Only carry 2 QBs? That's crazy. You need 3 even if one is not active.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Oh btw...from wikipedia:

The blastocyst is a structure formed in the early embryogenesis of mammals, after the formation of the morula. It is a specifically mammalian example of a blastula.[citation needed] It possesses an inner cell mass (ICM), or embryoblast, which subsequently forms the embryo, and an outer layer of cells, or trophoblast, which later forms the placenta. The trophoblast surrounds the inner cell mass and a fluid-filled blastocyst cavity known as the blastocoele or the blastocystic cavity. The human blastocyst comprises 70-100 cells.

Blastocyst formation begins at day 5 after fertilization in humans, when the blastocoele opens up in the morula, a process known as hatching.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Blastocyst

You're welcome

#8 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Only carry 2 QBs? That's crazy. You need 3 even if one is not active.

No you don't need 3. There's no rule that says you have to have 3. If we get down to our 3rd QB, we're screwed anyway. And we can pick anyone off the street better than Pickles.

#9 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

If you starter gets injured, you need a back up to your back up. It's just doesn't make sense to have only 2 QBs.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,667 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Oh btw...from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Blastocyst

You're welcome

i know what a blastocyst is. have you not watched clausen play? it's a perfect comparison

#11 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

If you starter gets injured, you need a back up to your back up. It's just doesn't make sense to have only 2 QBs.

Insert wildcat with DWill or Stewart if our backup gets hurt for the rest of the game. Then look for another QB after the game. Hell, when Anderson was in this year all he did was hand off...We don't need 3 QBs.

#12 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

i know what a blastocyst is. have you not watched clausen play? it's a perfect comparison

i know but i didnt and others might not

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,667 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

josh johnson would be an interesting prospect. is he still under contract with tampa bay?

If I'm not mistaken, weren't there reports that part of why he was released was because he didn't want to tutor Gabbert.

maybe, but he's been out of the league for a year now. if he knows he's not necessarily going to start somewhere but still wants to make a paycheck he might be a decent option. again, assuming he doesn't want starter money.

#14 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

josh johnson would be an interesting prospect. is he still under contract with tampa bay?

Nah, he's a free agent. Rather have RW16 than Johnson though.

#15 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,759 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Insert wildcat with DWill or Stewart if our backup gets hurt for the rest of the game. Then look for another QB after the game. Hell, when Anderson was in this year all he did was hand off...We don't need 3 QBs.

We have another QB on the roster who also won two consecutive national championships.
I can't even type that with a straight face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.