Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

The Backup QB Position

46 posts in this topic

Dennis Dixon or Josh Johnson for a tiny wage, Armanti can be 3rd QB if need be (Long term injury = free agent signing)

i do think hanging onto armanti edwards makes sense if only for the fact that he's a backup quarterback, wide receiver, KR/PR all in one roster spot and he's an option to run the wildcat.

his versatility, if nothing else, may keep him on the roster.

One of the reasons you have a third quarterback is to run the scout team against the starters in practice. You need the 2nd quarterback to actually take somefirst teamreps during the week in case he has to come into the game. If you use Edwards to run the scout team he gets no practice at his regular position which is receiver.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't there reports that part of why he was released was because he didn't want to tutor Gabbert.

I understand that Garrard was out of football in 2011. That changes things.

I think it is time to forget about the Armanti Experiment. Every time I hear his name, I get mad at our GM.

If the Panthers got 2 black QBs, King T would....

weirdal-head-explode.gif

Move AE to qb.....thats something we know he can do

One of the reasons you have a third quarterback is to run the scout team against the starters in practice. You need the 2nd quarterback to actually take somefirst teamreps during the week in case he has to come into the game. If you use Edwards to run the scout team he gets no practice at his regular position which is receiver.

Can't you sign an UDFA like Jordan Jefferson or Dominique Davis to the practice squad for that?

Is anyone, if any, who wanted Anderson to start the season still around?