18 replies to this topic

#16 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

So they didn't cheat and all of this is the NCAA making things up and punishing them for no reason? I imagine you are sitting at your keyboard shaking with rage as you type your childish insults. Maybe I would be too if my football team was as extraordinarily inept as UNCs is.

OH YEAH that's me. Mr. Rage.

lol

they are doing time for some legit infractions. Or maybe you don't know about that either. Anyway, the question was about on-field advantages. Specifically if they ever had any. And they didn't. try reading the posts next time before you jump in the middle of something.

And as far as inept, I guess so. Nobody is happy with the Chancellor right now. It looks like how he laid down, surrendered evidence that was not asked for, suspended players prematurely (even some that were never implicated), self-imposed all sorts of penalties, etc. was not the smart thing to do.

Not too worried about the cloud however. This slap on the wrist won't cause any defections of note and Fedora with a few weeks on the job and all the uncertainty and low-down dirty recruiting by other NC programs landed the 40th best class.

This too will pass. I mean I'm not embarrassed. What is there to be embarrassed about? It's not like our kids got busted with any PED's or our fans got caught pissing in our own seats holding counterfeit tickets or anything.

Any question marks were trimmed long ago. Onward and upward. Nothing to worry about in Chapel Hill.

#17 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wow, only one year. Win.

#18 rob33

rob33

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Go Gators..

#19 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Guess my main concerns are:

1) What took so long? Why would the NCAA allow freshmen recruits to sign with Carolina?
2) What about those responsible for the mess? The ones making millions at the next level?
3) When does admission of guilt help ones cause?

My guesses:
1) Who knows? This shows how much the NCAA cares about "The Student-Athlete"... college football is BC$ generated. This decision should have happened a year ago or how about restricting the incoming class? These will be the recruits who will end up paying the price.
2) My son attends UNC and I can't access his grades without his permission because he's 18 and considered an adult. That's fine but what about those responsible for this mess? These guys spent a year in the NFL, making millions, while a University that prides itself in academics is waiting? My advice to the NCAA is... get out of the sports business and focus on academics.
3) Carolina admitted to improper benifits and academic fraud.... (uhgggg!) for the actions of a few idiots who forever sacraficed their right to associate with the instition they betrayed.

If my son commited academic fraud, he would lose not only his scholarship but his digitny as well. So I'll take dignity and football be damned if cheating is required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com