Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More voter disenfrancise goodness

48 posts in this topic

Posted

voter id laws are as much about stopping fraud as laws that force a woman to have an ultrasound before an abortion are about "helping them make an informed choice"

Posted

voter id laws are as much about stopping fraud as laws that force a woman to have an ultrasound before an abortion are about "helping them make an informed choice"

so, I guess that your (and CWG's solution) is to just ask them nicely if they are REALLY who they say the are.....because we all know that people don fugING LIE.

Trying to make this into a racial issue just shows how fuging retarded some of you are.

You have to show an ID for damn near everything in this country...but requiring it for one of the most important decisions (electing our leaders) should not be required....fuging stupid.

Posted

THERE IS no SOLUTION NEEDED BECAUSE THERE IS NO PROBLEM JESUS H CHRIST

Posted

Here are your arguments so far:

1. It's no big deal

2. Everyone's doing it

I can't wait for you all to go to court and present your "I'm 12 years old now mom, why can't I go to the big kids party?" argument.

Posted

I love this thread....oh...and here's a new video showing the left's ignorant stance on this.

Welcome to Vermont...where you can't get beer or get a civil union or a hotel room without an ID...but you can vote.

Posted

CWG: You can't be arguing this in earnest. There's no way I'm buying that you think a presenting an ID to vote is a bad thing.

There are other IDs that the voter can use (Passport, Military, there's even a voter ID card that people can request).

There is no Hispanic disenfranchisement for requiring an ID. That actually is very insulting (even though local Houston La Raza is making those statements).

I would like to inform you that Mexico REQUIRES an ID to vote in their elections. So is Mexico disenfranchising Mexican citizens from voting in Mexican elections? Heck even illegals from MX would not be shocked by a vote requiring an ID.

Geez you'd think this is some new concept of presenting an ID to vote is something a majority of persons finds unreasonable. Of course the Democratic party has an issue with this. Guess someone's been stuffing the box lately, Putin style.

BTW, no issue? There's been local elections here in Houston where the winner won by less than 20 votes (a few by single digits).

Posted

THERE IS no SOLUTION NEEDED BECAUSE THERE IS NO PROBLEM JESUS H CHRIST

The evidence of actual voter fraud begs to differ.

JESUS H CHRIST.....you ARE actually that stupid. All this time, I thought half of the crap you post was just to get a rise out of people.

1 person likes this

Posted

CWG, everybody else is doing it=bad argument

1. It's no big deal

2. Everyone's doing it

I can't wait for you all to go to court and present your "I'm 12 years old now mom, why can't I go to the big kids party?" argument.

CWG, everybody else is doing it=good argument.

Like every other President for the last 32 years.

Posted

My argument here is that the percentage of actual voter fraud will be far outweighed by the percentage of voters who should be able to vote but who are turned away due to some technicality with their I.D.

You're going to end up with more people denied the vote who are who they say they are than people who commit actual voter fraud now. That's not a viable solution, IMO. I'd rather have some voter fraud and have everyone who should be allowed to vote do so than deny a bunch of legit voters their right in the name of "preventing voter fraud."

The solution you guys are proposing ends up becoming the very thing you claim to be fighting against. I don't get how you can't see that.

Posted

The evidence of actual voter fraud begs to differ.

JESUS H CHRIST.....you ARE actually that stupid. All this time, I thought half of the crap you post was just to get a rise out of people.

Thats funny, I keep asking for this and nothing happens but sites about electronic voting machines, or G5s bogus claims - there was one, having to do with a "Working Families Party" primary in New York - where the existing laws caught the jerks doing it.

I've proven that the actual voting process introduces much more "disenfranchisement" than any modern cases of voter fraud - nevermind just the ones that any VoterID law would stop. It's a proven fact that the poorest people in the country, who literally have no other voice in our nation than their single vote, would be most at risk of losing it or at least making it more difficult to use, which is the exact opposite of what you think you are doing the help the process simply because you don't want these people voting.

That's what we got. You just keep believing it though.

Posted

1. It's no big deal

2. Everyone's doing it

Oh and now theres:

3. OMG you just don't understand!

4. Every other kid is going! What? No, I can't say who! I'm just telling you, everyone else is going! GOD, DAD!

Keep it up, we may be able to write a new teen drama for the WB with this

Posted

1. It's no big deal

2. Everyone's doing it

Oh and now theres:

3. OMG you just don't understand!

4. Every other kid is going! What? No, I can't say who! I'm just telling you, everyone else is going! GOD, DAD!

Keep it up, we may be able to write a new teen drama for the WB with this

Backed into a corner and lash out much?

No matter how you try and trivialize the counterpoints to the argument, you're quite wrong here, and it's so obvious, all you can do is fire off the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?" comments and make an ass of yourself.

For a legal resident, getting ID is required to get by on a day to day basis. It takes a few hours to get, and is needed for just about every legal transaction in this country from applying for Welfare to buying beer, driving, using a Credit/Debit card, sending money via wire, etc.

Voter ID requirements are not unique to Texas, just like having illegal immigrants aren't unique to Texas. Huffingpoo didn't report that fact with their liberal spin on this, so, like the good sheep you are, you just started a whole libtarded ranting fit.