Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

breezing2anotherSB

Saints resigning Nicks and Colston? OMG

88 posts in this topic

hey everybody raise your hand if your franchise quarterback is signed to a contract right now!

*raises hand*

Drew brees is a different QB w pressure up the middle. Nicks is the best guard in the game, and they won't find someone to replace him. Colston could be replaced with not much of an issue.

Meh, Brees has a very quick release and they still have Jahri Evans. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Now, there is NO way they are as good offensively as they were in '11 (that was historically good) and with a declining defense, I'm not sold they'll win the division again. But they should still be one of the better offenses in the league with Brees at QB and Payton at HC.

And let's be real right now. The odds of Brees not in a Saints uniform next season is slim. Like, .001%.

Hey everybody raise your hand if your team has ever won a Super Bowl. Anyone, hello? Oh you in the back with the Saints hat on, Congrats!

Is the dude already trolled out? Because that was pretty weaksauce "hey we are going to way over pay another guard and one of our injury prone receivers."

Not impressed.

They better re-sign everyone they can since they likely won't be picking in the 1st round for a few years.

Hey everybody raise your hand if your team has ever won a Super Bowl. Anyone, hello? Oh you in the back with the Saints paper bag on, Congrats!

Fixed.

Hey everybody raise your hand if your team has ever won a Super Bowl. Anyone, hello? Oh you in the back with the Saints hat on, Congrats!

Maybe they'll take that away too like they are going to take away you draft picks and cap room.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/dallas_cowboys_now_in_running_to_sign_free_agent_guard_carl_nicks/10289428

New Orleans Saints free agent guard Carl Nicks isn’t looking for a winning team – he’s looking for a generous team. Nicks said Monday morning he wants to be the highest-paid guard in the NFL. He didn’t elaborate as to what that meant regarding his contract negotiations with the Saints and his comments suggest he’s open to playing for any NFL team. “I plan to be the highest paid guard in the NFL,” Nicks said. “You can take that whatever kinda way but that’s my goal. So more than Logan Mankins got I guess.” I don’t want to sound cocky or anything but I busted my butt for four years, I made a couple Pro Bowls. For my first three years I was the lowest paid guard of all the starting guard in the NFL.”

:coolgleamA:

Since we are talking about the past...36 losing seasons out of 44....ouch.

Reminds me Neg to Smack should be reinstated.

Reminds me Neg to Smack should be reinstated.

I'd agree.