tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Anyone following this?

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=ju_c2

I've been following it for a bit now. The whole situation is sad, and I'm shocked that the man is still out, charged with nothing.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,434 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Would be nice to actually know the facts of what happened leading up to the shooting before people made judgements.

Everyone is assuming that the guy just shot the kid for no reason. May very well have been the case....but just as easily could have been a very different set of facts.

#3 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

He shot and killed an unarmed kid. He accosted the kid and they got in a fight so he shot him. He shouldn't own a firearm and he should be put in jail. 26 year old idiot he should never be a policeman.

doubtful this would have happened if this kid was white, I guess a black kid in a gated community was too suspicious.

#4 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

According to the article they have the whole thing on the 911 tape. I wouldn't assume racial bias or coverup just yet.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

He shot and killed an unarmed kid. He accosted the kid and they got in a fight so he shot him. He shouldn't own a firearm and he should be put in jail. 26 year old idiot he should never be a policeman.

doubtful this would have happened if this kid was white, I guess a black kid in a gated community was too suspicious.

The only fact that you stated above was that the kid was unarmed. Everything else that you stated is complete conjecture and your opinion of what you THINK happened.

Like the other poster said, they have much of this on tape.....which, none of us (including you) have heard.

Again, you HAVE NO fuging CLUE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED other than a kid being shot.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,962 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Something's definitely fishy here... on the surface it looks like a trigger happy guy that saw a black kid and took the law into his own hands and it went too far. I can't imagine why a grown man would need to shoot an unarmed 17 year old... so there's that... but they have not released all of the facts yet so...

Certainly if he shot the kid just because he thought he was doing something wrong, the guy should go to jail... even if the kid attacked him, still can't see shooting him... idk. The whole thing stinks to me...

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I don't know the details...but everyone understands that just because someone is actually found to be unarmed when the body's looked over doesn't mean the threat insinuating a firearm is present wasn't made....or some other sort of weapon.

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

Yes he could have buried his gun before he died in order to make the shooter look better, or maybe the Black Panthers came in and started a giant undercover operation.

I love seeing the gears turning in the heads around here when things don't quite go right

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Don't get me wrong I don't know anything about this at all, but to read the defense mechanisms being put up here is pretty cool

#10 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Send that mofo to prison. There is nothing that could of happened where he needed to shoot that kid.

#11 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

The only fact that you stated above was that the kid was unarmed. Everything else that you stated is complete conjecture and your opinion of what you THINK happened.

Like the other poster said, they have much of this on tape.....which, none of us (including you) have heard.

Again, you HAVE NO fugING CLUE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED other than a kid being shot.

I don't feel like it's unreasonable to assume this Zimmerman fellow is in the wrong.

17 year unarmed kid is shot and killed, he was posing no threat to anybody. They guy who killed him could have waited for the police but he didn't. I'm not sure how much deadly force a 17 year old can display that would make me need to take his life.

My brother once saw two boys standing on his patio holding a revolver. He took out his cellphone and .45 pistol and waited for the police to come. The police got there, found out the gun wasn't loaded. So fortunately my brother didn't have to kill two 15 year old kids. If my brother can get through that situation without shooting somebody I don't see how Zimmerman can't.

Bad people do bad things some times. This guy is a danger to his community.

#12 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Don't get me wrong I don't know anything about this at all, but to read the defense mechanisms being put up here is pretty cool

seeing shades of racism in 2012 is frustrating for some people. I take comfort knowing it's an isolated incident.

#13 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Kid was visiting father in gated community and left during half time of the NBA all star game to go to the store to get candy/snacks for he and his brother. Kid looked out of place so shooter guy decided to follow the kid. Kid doesn't like guy following him and guy and kid get into an argument which led to a fight, guy shoots kid....

This happened over a month ago and should people choose to do so, it's farily easy to research this case. Bottom line the guy got off because he claimed self defense but now this case is getting national media attention, so expect shooter guy to go to jail. Bottom line, this guy profiled this kid and became judge, jury and executioner....

#14 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

I did some research and initially the police refused to release the 911 tapes to the family. I think the family should have the right to listen the tape so they could try to establish for themselves what happened

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

I don't feel like it's unreasonable to assume this Zimmerman fellow is in the wrong.

17 year unarmed kid is shot and killed, he was posing no threat to anybody. They guy who killed him could have waited for the police but he didn't. I'm not sure how much deadly force a 17 year old can display that would make me need to take his life.

My brother once saw two boys standing on his patio holding a revolver. He took out his cellphone and .45 pistol and waited for the police to come. The police got there, found out the gun wasn't loaded. So fortunately my brother didn't have to kill two 15 year old kids. If my brother can get through that situation without shooting somebody I don't see how Zimmerman can't.

Bad people do bad things some times. This guy is a danger to his community.

So basically, you feel it is OK to assume that the guy was at fault....while not having ANY of the facts regarding the case?

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the kid did...you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the guy did....yet you feel it is OK to make an assumption that one did something wrong and the other didn't.

Ridiculous.

To make ANY TYPE of informed judgement about this situation, you need to have actual facts.....which from the article we have none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com