Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid is shot, killed by neighborhood association captain

1,125 posts in this topic

Posted

Can you please point us to the story that said "White guy guns down black kid and walks free" because that would be interesting to see. Like everything else similar to this, I think I'll be waiting a while.

The headline "neighborhood watch person kills teen after scuffle, charges pending" was not done because that's NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

You all just can't help yourselves can you?

Posted

The thing that got it in the news was that the shooter ignored the 911 operator and went after a kid based on nothing, and he ended up dead. It's not that hard to figure out. If the kid was white and the shooter hispanic, I GUARANTEE you it would have been just as big a deal if not bigger.

Posted

It would be funny to see the cognitive dissonance among the right winger defending the murderer if it came out that he was an illegal immigrant.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like I said before, this will end poorly.

Zimmerman shouldnt have used deadly force but they are gonna have a helluva time convicting him.

Posted

He's not a racist. Saying "fuging coons" on tape is part of Carolina Huddle Liberal conspiracy

Posted

Same story. He goes after an unarmed kid for no apparent reason despite being told not to, possibly due to racial profiling (this will probably never be proven and may in fact not have been an issue to him) and wishful thinking about "something in his waistband", tries to be a hero, kid gets scared and defends himself properly (completely within his rights it appears), former tough guy uses gun to escape the disaster of his own creation, claims self defense. The worst part is that for him to be able to get out a gun and use it, Martin most likely beat him to the point where he felt Zimmerman would walk away, let up, then got shot. But we don't know that yet.

He did the right-but-selfish thing to save his own skin after getting in over his head but the reason he felt he could start the whole altercation in the first place, no doubt, is because he had the gun.

1 person likes this

Posted

Moral: Don't live in Florida

Posted

I find it sad and disturbing that the police decided it was Zimmerman crying out because one witness was "sure of it" even though others were "sure" it was Martin...

On another note...

The article linked above says:

She added that as they looked out from their apartment they saw Zimmerman "straddling the body, basically, a foot on both sides of Trayvon’s body and his hands pressed on his back."

Zimmerman then told them to call the police, Cutcher said. "Zimmerman never turned him over or tried to help him or CPR or anything."

So if Martin collapsed forward and landed on his front after being shot, he was either shot from the front of the back. Front would be in agreement with the idea there was a scuffle, Martin was on top, Zimmerman pulled his weapon and shot.

I would like to believe that if Martin was shot in the back the arrest would already have happened, so I doubt that is where he was shot.

Just ridiculous that it came to that.

Posted

I'm not sure if I came across as defending Zimmerman, because that's not the case. I'm more in the camp of why this particular tragedy is getting so much more press than other current events.

Posted

Probably because there is so much controversy involved. Had Zimmerman been arrested the night it happened it never would have turned into this. Perhaps the police did the right thing by the letter of the law by not arresting him or something, but I do think that him being free right now is a major part of why this is such a huge deal.