Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

Kid is shot, killed by neighborhood association captain

1,122 posts in this topic

So you find three examples of convenience store owners enacting in house rules and somehow you think that it makes anyone wearing a hoodie (in the rain, at that) enough of a threat to ignore police orders and chase them down if they are wearing a hoodie?

I dunno, his use of the particular racial slur he did to me suggests this was more than just "Oh god, there is a man wearing a hoodie, he could DESTROY this town!"

First off...as I've said...there's nothing against the law to follow someone in your neighborhood. You again use the word "chase" in a way that insinuates someone chasing down prey. Contact in the form of asking someone's intent is completely justified especially by a n-hood watch person. As for his slur, albeit distasteful and ignorant....doesn't make him guilty of anything other than being prejudiced which again...is not against the law.

Ann Coulter linkage!

smiley_panic.gif

1 person likes this

let me help you g5, seeing as you dont fully grasp the law here. in fl, as in nc, you can not chase, follow (pick what ever verb you want) a subject, engage said subject, then use deadly force on the subject. that is the law. simple and plain. he was given a freebie when the dispatcher advised him not to follow.

1 person likes this

Heck, why do you think the Klan wore sheets over their heads, to be cool?

Seriously? You just compared wearing a hoodie to the Klan and their white sheets.

Geeezus

let me help you g5, seeing as you dont fully grasp the law here. in fl, as in nc, you can not chase, follow (pick what ever verb you want) a subject, engage said subject, then use deadly force on the subject. that is the law. simple and plain. he was given a freebie when the dispatcher advised him not to follow.

First off...911 operators are nothing more than triage for fire, rescue, and police...they aren't law enforcement officers typically unless the call had been forwarded to a sheriff/police office.

You're assuming there again was a chase (prey definition) and killing as if Zimmerman was some cheetah chasing down a lone gazelle and killing it.

You don't know if it was simply a cheetah chasing off another cheetah in it's territory and when it bit off more than it could chew...it felt it had to kill the other.

Tell/show me a law that states you have to stop following someone you feel is doing something they shouldn't be doing (obviously no restraining order applies in this situation).

Ann Coulter linkage!

smiley_panic.gif

skeered to read eh

First off...911 operators are nothing more than triage for fire, rescue, and police...they aren't law enforcement officers typically unless the call had been forwarded to a sheriff/police office.

You're assuming there again was a chase (prey definition) and killing as if Zimmerman was some cheetah chasing down a lone gazelle and killing it.

You don't know if it was simply a cheetah chasing off another cheetah in it's territory and when it bit off more than it could chew...it felt it had to kill the other.

Tell/show me a law that states you have to stop following someone you feel is doing something they shouldn't be doing (obviously no restraining order applies in this situation).

it would be best to twist someones words around when the actual words aren't on the same page. thats not what i said. if you care to know re-read it.

she got all her info from the huddle

Seriously? You just compared wearing a hoodie to the Klan and their white sheets.

Geeezus

There are probably some tutors that can help you with reading comprehension

it would be best to twist someones words around when the actual words aren't on the same page. thats not what i said. if you care to know re-read it.

No clue what you're talking about.

First off...as I've said...there's nothing against the law to follow someone in your neighborhood. You again use the word "chase" in a way that insinuates someone chasing down prey. Contact in the form of asking someone's intent is completely justified especially by a n-hood watch person. As for his slur, albeit distasteful and ignorant....doesn't make him guilty of anything other than being prejudiced which again...is not against the law.

okay, so you admit he is "prejudiced" but you still think that racism was not involved...?

edit: as to the rest... wtf are you talking about... he chased him, he pursued him, he stalked him... that is what happened... when he saw Martin fleeing, he left his vehicle and chased after him. He did not just happen to slowly follow behind him by complete chance as that was his patrol route, he took off after him determined to NOT lose him... and he certainly didn't.

the point is that it was not the hoodie that caused this, but a combination of terrible circumstance and racial bias IMO that caused the ultimate confrontation. Being legal doesn't mean it is morally right (being prejudice/racist)

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3
    4. 4