Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

Kid is shot, killed by neighborhood association captain

1,122 posts in this topic

the website looks turrible he's gotta get on that stuff, at least use a cms or something.

Two young men (to me anyway) short on life experience, pumped up on testosterone and adrenaline. Add in some extemely poor judgment, a rainy night, runaway imaginations and a firearm. The outcome is almost preordained.

worst excuse yet

CNN claims his lawyers have said that is, in fact, George Zimmerman's website. He set it up after receiving a $10k "donation" and found out there were other websites collecting money "for his defense" and he wants to make sure it gets to him and not someone else.

He should just hire Hannity. It's a guaranteed 20 to life.

well it is clear he isn't worried at all about the law, but he is worried about vigilantes. He should know how deadly they can be, so I don't blame him.

He isn't worried about the law because his daddy has them on speed dial.

2 people like this

So, it looks like Zimmerman has hit the road. If I were him, I would take whatever money I could from his website, and hop on a plane to South America.

He must be smart enough to realize that no matter if he is 'innocent' or not, the police are going to charge him with something. The cops in Sanford are not stupid. They know that if they dont charge him, they are going to have a riot on their hands.

If they do charge him, they might as well go ahead and give him the death penalty because the inmates are going to kill him.

worst excuse yet

Not trying to make an excuse, more like suggesting the possible circumstances that existed at the time of the shooting.

There is smart and there is legal. Zimmerman would have been smart to follow the suggestion of the 911 operator and the policies of Community Watch Program: Observe and report do not follow or engage the suspect, do not carry a weapon while executing your duties of CW.

Legally he was within his rights to carry a concealed weapon and walk down a sidewalk but remember those actions were being carried out by someone who had been charged with assaulting a police officer a few years prior and had a girlfriend who filed for a restraining order. This guy likely has a temper and his adrenalin is pumping. He was also a wanna be COP hot on the trail of a potential suspect. He is primed and ready for action. It is reportedly dark and raining out and it is hard to see what the suspect is up to.

I don't know about other people but if I feel like some is following me, my defenses go up. If it continues for any length of time I am looking for a way to extricate my self from the situation. However, if I am a teenager over six feet tall and in good shape, I may feel like someone is challenging my manhood and I may choose to confront them instead. Not an unusual reaction for a teenager. Based on the reported comments of Trayvon's girlfriend this may be what happened.

So we have two males (neither individual possesses the experience to defuse this type of situation) with their adrenalin and testosterone pumping, Neither one can rationalize the shady behavior they are perceiving in their adversary. Now they are primed for action. What happens a that moment I have no idea. Do they confront one another or does one of them attempt to walk/run away? Under those circumstances I am not surprised one of them ended up dead. That was essentially what I was trying to convey in my last post.

He isn't worried about the law because his daddy has them on speed dial.

I am really curious to hear more about this aspect of the case. The Police Chief and State District Attorney showed up late on a weekend to review this killing. It May be routine but the few comments I have heard from the talking heads suggests his Dad, a former VA Supreme Court Judge may have been interceding on Zimmerman's behalf in previous run ins with the law.