1122 replies to this topic

#391 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

there are many folks trying to influence the situation. All the picks for the victim seem to be when he was like 13 from the Hollister to the ski pic. I am sure that plays well to the folks already fired up about the killing, but does not do anything toward finding out what happened.

of course, only showing the mug shot of the shooter will not engraciate people towards him at all. The media loves to make a bad situation worse. not hard to see where everyone stands in the media and the huddle

#392 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

there are many folks trying to influence the situation. All the picks for the victim seem to be when he was like 13 from the Hollister to the ski pic. I am sure that plays well to the folks already fired up about the killing, but does not do anything toward finding out what happened.

of course, only showing the mug shot of the shooter will not engraciate people towards him at all. The media loves to make a bad situation worse. not hard to see where everyone stands in the media and the huddle

That could be the only pic they have

#393 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

funny how many fuging doctorates are floating around the box.

buncha fuging wannabe lawyers and a racist murderer. sounds about right.

#394 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

ah yes now its the liberal media, last hope of the oppressed majority

#395 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

the media?

jeeezus christ

#396 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

http://www.thesmokin...r-tshirt-759832

I remember right after 9/11 when the whole country wanted to do something with their anger. I remember also one of the first speeches by Bush where he sternly warned the whole country not the even think about going after muslims in this country. I thought this was great leadership.

I do not think our current president is trying to do anything like this for the country.

And answer this, is anyone in the world that is not black, a cracker? arab cracker, latino cracker, asian cracker, etc?

#397 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

yelling about crusades and attacking an innocent country was not a great leadership, but that's for another thread.

#398 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I feel comforted in the fact that Obama thinks that the kid would look like his kid. Way to insert yourself and make it about you.

#399 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

While a horrible situation...why is it that we don't go apescheisse when black kids gun down black kids at staggering numbers around the US.

What makes this one so different. What if Zimmerman was black. Would this be getting similar reactions? We probably wouldn't be seeing racist tshirts being made, bounties offered, etc.

Is it the law that has apparently allowed Zimmerman to walk the issue even when the law's author denies it applies? Ineptness of police?

I really don't see this as a national crisis. The thread I made showing where a ww2 vet loses his wife to a POS that breaks in and rapes/beats his wife to death has gotten basically zero attention from the national media. He's one of the "greatest generation" and it's just simply a tragedy?

#400 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Assholes break into old peoples homes and shoot them weekly around the country. It's called robbery/homocide.

People with guns chasing down innocent kids and killing them for no apparent reason does not happen weekly around the country.

Both are tragedies; one is going to happen anyways because people are desperate and stupid, the other can be prevented with just a touch of common sense and awareness.

Oh yeah did the guy who killed the old lady not get arrested while the facts were being checked? I must have missed that.

#401 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

I really don't get all the outrage. The guy killed the kid which is 100% wrong. He was looking to be a bully and overextended his authority on the kid and then overreacted and shot him. Why is it different than when a child is raped and murdered? Why is it different than when a drunk driver kills a kid? Why is it different than when an intercity kid gets shot in a drive by? Wrong is wrong.

#402 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

While a horrible situation...why is it that we don't go apescheisse when black kids gun down black kids at staggering numbers around the US.

What makes this one so different. What if Zimmerman was black. Would this be getting similar reactions? We probably wouldn't be seeing racist tshirts being made, bounties offered, etc.

Is it the law that has apparently allowed Zimmerman to walk the issue even when the law's author denies it applies? Ineptness of police?

I really don't see this as a national crisis. The thread I made showing where a ww2 vet loses his wife to a POS that breaks in and rapes/beats his wife to death has gotten basically zero attention from the national media. He's one of the "greatest generation" and it's just simply a tragedy?

You continue to ignore a huge part of this story. People in this country get upset whenever they think someone got away with a crime. We are a very vindictive bunch, and the media knows this. Do you think Casey Anthony was a big story because of her race? No, it was because people came to the conclusion (right or wrong) that she killed her kid and got away with it. Hell, Nancy Grace makes a living off getting pissed off about things and publicly judging people

#403 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,819 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Assholes break into old peoples homes and shoot them weekly around the country. It's called robbery/homocide.

People with guns chasing down innocent kids and killing them for no apparent reason does not happen weekly around the country.

Both are tragedies; one is going to happen anyways because people are desperate and stupid, the other can be prevented with just a touch of common sense and awareness.

Oh yeah did the guy who killed the old lady not get arrested while the facts were being checked? I must have missed that.

I don't want to take anything you've said out of context, but are you saying that an over zealous neighborhood watch captain shooting a suspicious looking, albeit unarmed, teenager is a worse crime than someone breaking into an elderly persons home, and robbing, beating, raping, and murdering them? I just want to be clear before proceeding.

#404 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Politics and money.

If these two things were taken out of this and many other situations, then there would not be near the fanfare. Some would cease to care about this kid and his family at all if they could not advance their own cause and make a buck along the way. This works on both sides of the fence. This family will be used as long as someone, i.e., the media, Rainbow Coalition, etc can milk it for their advantage, then the family will never hear from these guys again.

#405 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I don't want to take anything you've said out of context, but are you saying that an over zealous neighborhood watch captain shooting a suspicious looking, albeit unarmed, teenager is a worse crime than someone breaking into an elderly persons home, and robbing, beating, raping, and murdering them? I just want to be clear before proceeding.

Not at all, I said both were tragedies. I do think one is always going to happen to some extent in our society when we have desperate sick assholes that are on drugs, etc. I think the other was completely avoidable simply because the facts are bearing it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com