1122 replies to this topic

#406 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Not at all, I said both were tragedies. I do think one is always going to happen to some extent in our society when we have desperate sick assholes that are on drugs, etc. I think the other was completely avoidable simply because the facts are bearing it out.

But couldn't it also be said that so long as youths wearing hooded sweatshirts are perceived in the fashion they are, that this tragedy could always happen in society as well? I don't think it's necessarily limited to one neighborhood watch vigilante. Both crimes are results of two very much broader problems in society.

#407 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

http://www.thesmokin...r-tshirt-759832

I remember right after 9/11 when the whole country wanted to do something with their anger. I remember also one of the first speeches by Bush where he sternly warned the whole country not the even think about going after muslims in this country. I thought this was great leadership.

I do not think our current president is trying to do anything like this for the country.

And answer this, is anyone in the world that is not black, a cracker? arab cracker, latino cracker, asian cracker, etc?

A group of people running planes into building and killing hundreds or thousands of people isn't even close to a man chasing down and killing a teen.

While a horrible situation...why is it that we don't go apescheisse when black kids gun down black kids at staggering numbers around the US.

What makes this one so different. What if Zimmerman was black. Would this be getting similar reactions? We probably wouldn't be seeing racist tshirts being made, bounties offered, etc.

Is it the law that has apparently allowed Zimmerman to walk the issue even when the law's author denies it applies? Ineptness of police?

I really don't see this as a national crisis. The thread I made showing where a ww2 vet loses his wife to a POS that breaks in and rapes/beats his wife to death has gotten basically zero attention from the national media. He's one of the "greatest generation" and it's just simply a tragedy?

The difference is Zimmerman is walking around free after chasing and killing someone. And if Zimmerman was black he would be in jail so that question doesn't even apply.

#408 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Not at all, I said both were tragedies. I do think one is always going to happen to some extent in our society when we have desperate sick assholes that are on drugs, etc. I think the other was completely avoidable simply because the facts are bearing it out.

what if the latino is a sick asshole that is on drugs? just kiddin, would make no difference

But really, the thing that got this in the news was "White guy guns down black kid and walks free".

If the headline,(remains to be seen if it would have even been a headline) was, "neighborhood watch person kills teen after scuffle, charges pending" then nobody in the world would have paid it any attention, including our esteemed leader.

The media knows how to push buttons no matter how much you defend them.

#409 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Can you please point us to the story that said "White guy guns down black kid and walks free" because that would be interesting to see. Like everything else similar to this, I think I'll be waiting a while.

The headline "neighborhood watch person kills teen after scuffle, charges pending" was not done because that's NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

You all just can't help yourselves can you?

#410 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

The thing that got it in the news was that the shooter ignored the 911 operator and went after a kid based on nothing, and he ended up dead. It's not that hard to figure out. If the kid was white and the shooter hispanic, I GUARANTEE you it would have been just as big a deal if not bigger.

#411 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,464 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

It would be funny to see the cognitive dissonance among the right winger defending the murderer if it came out that he was an illegal immigrant.

#412 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://usnews.msnbc....ck-on-zimmerman

#413 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

http://usnews.msnbc....ck-on-zimmerman

Like I said before, this will end poorly.

Zimmerman shouldnt have used deadly force but they are gonna have a helluva time convicting him.

#414 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

He's not a racist. Saying "fuging coons" on tape is part of Carolina Huddle Liberal conspiracy

#415 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Same story. He goes after an unarmed kid for no apparent reason despite being told not to, possibly due to racial profiling (this will probably never be proven and may in fact not have been an issue to him) and wishful thinking about "something in his waistband", tries to be a hero, kid gets scared and defends himself properly (completely within his rights it appears), former tough guy uses gun to escape the disaster of his own creation, claims self defense. The worst part is that for him to be able to get out a gun and use it, Martin most likely beat him to the point where he felt Zimmerman would walk away, let up, then got shot. But we don't know that yet.

He did the right-but-selfish thing to save his own skin after getting in over his head but the reason he felt he could start the whole altercation in the first place, no doubt, is because he had the gun.

#416 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Moral: Don't live in Florida

#417 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

I find it sad and disturbing that the police decided it was Zimmerman crying out because one witness was "sure of it" even though others were "sure" it was Martin...
On another note...
The article linked above says:

She added that as they looked out from their apartment they saw Zimmerman "straddling the body, basically, a foot on both sides of Trayvon’s body and his hands pressed on his back."
Zimmerman then told them to call the police, Cutcher said. "Zimmerman never turned him over or tried to help him or CPR or anything."

So if Martin collapsed forward and landed on his front after being shot, he was either shot from the front of the back. Front would be in agreement with the idea there was a scuffle, Martin was on top, Zimmerman pulled his weapon and shot.

I would like to believe that if Martin was shot in the back the arrest would already have happened, so I doubt that is where he was shot.

Just ridiculous that it came to that.

#418 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

http://dailycaller.c...trayvon-martin/

I am not the only one seeing the money and exploitation.

#419 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'm not sure if I came across as defending Zimmerman, because that's not the case. I'm more in the camp of why this particular tragedy is getting so much more press than other current events.

#420 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Probably because there is so much controversy involved. Had Zimmerman been arrested the night it happened it never would have turned into this. Perhaps the police did the right thing by the letter of the law by not arresting him or something, but I do think that him being free right now is a major part of why this is such a huge deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.