• Please log in to reply
1122 replies to this topic

#511 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

A lot of you jokers would convict Batman.

#512 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Do you think if Zimmerman was planning on killing this kid, would he really call 911 right before he did it and recorded the whole thing on the phone? It shows Zimmerman had no intention of killing Martin. Something went wrong during their conversation. Zimmerman remained on the line with a police the whole time.

#513 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,645 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

I don't know a ton about gun laws, but do we know if Zimmerman had a carry/conceal permit? Is that separate from a "regular" gun permit?

Regardless, as I said previously, he followed Martin with a loaded gun. No violence would've occurred had Zimmerman not pursued him, therefore, Zimmerman provoked the violence and used deadly force. And as I said, if that is currently a loophole in Florida/federal laws, then this case needs to set a precedent.

yes, it has been reported that Zimmerman had a conceal/carry permit for the gun.

#514 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,645 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

I don' think Zimmerman was security per say. He was neighborhood watch, and I think that just means he is suppose to report suspicious activity. But I wonder why a neighborhood watch would need to carry guns. I would think a radio or cellphone would be the only thing required.

That being said, I don't think there is much chance of him being convicted of murder. He might get a lesser conviction.

However, it does seem that the family might have grounds for one heck of a lawsuit.

I would imagine that he was carrying the gun for the same reason that many Americas carry a concealed weapon...for their own protection.

I guarantee you that the family will file a civil suit....and it is very likely that they would win. The burden of proof is substantially less in a civil suit. All they have to prove is that Zimmerman's actions lead to the death of Martin...not that he was guilty of a crime.

#515 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,645 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I don't know a ton about gun laws, but do we know if Zimmerman had a carry/conceal permit? Is that separate from a "regular" gun permit?

Regardless, as I said previously, he followed Martin with a loaded gun. No violence would've occurred had Zimmerman not pursued him, therefore, Zimmerman provoked the violence and used deadly force. And as I said, if that is currently a loophole in Florida/federal laws, then this case needs to set a precedent.

According to the law, following someone is not provoking the violence. We do not know what happened when the two came fase to face. Zimmerman could have very well provoked the altercation....just as Martin could have very well provoked the altercation. The act of following him was not the act of provocation.

#516 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

yes, it has been reported that Zimmerman had a conceal/carry permit for the gun.

Then this may open a whole new can of worms considering the reports that he has at least three violent charges on his record.

#517 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

This sort of ignorant generalizations got an innocent man accused of bombing the Atlanta Olympics...just because he looked like Paul Blart and lived with his mom and psychologists were all about profiling.

Someone is listening to Hannity

#518 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Someone is listening to Hannity

No...I'm at work and prefer 99.9 THE FAN

#519 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

The act of being followed does create the illusion that you're under a threat. If someone I didn't know or who looked suspicious was following me, I'd be ready to defend myself under the pretense that I felt threatened

#520 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I would imagine that he was carrying the gun for the same reason that many Americas carry a concealed weapon...for their own protection.

I guarantee you that the family will file a civil suit....and it is very likely that they would win. The burden of proof is substantially less in a civil suit. All they have to prove is that Zimmerman's actions lead to the death of Martin...not that he was guilty of a crime.

Well, its a little more complex than that. They have to prove basically that he did something stupid that led to the death of the young man. And ignoring the advice of the 911 operator will probably qualify.

As far as carrying the gun, he may have had a concealed carry permit, but most neighborhood watch associations have rules. The one time I read the rules of one, it specifically prohibited members from carrying guns; radios and flashlights were the only thing allowed. If a person carried a gun, they were no longer allowed to be part of the watch. That still doesn't mean it was a crime, but its going to kill him in a civil suit, and maybe the neighborhood association as well.

#521 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Then this may open a whole new can of worms considering the reports that he has at least three violent charges on his record.

A more detailed look into Zimmerman's amazing disappearing criminal history!

http://rollingout.co...closed-arrests/

I hope the feds nail him and his dad down for this sh*t.

#522 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

The act of being followed does create the illusion that you're under a threat. If someone I didn't know or who looked suspicious was following me, I'd be ready to defend myself under the pretense that I felt threatened

Exactly. It seems Zimmerman was well aware of the grey areas in these laws. I don't care what anyone says... If you were being followed by a person you don't know while you are walking through a neighborhood, and they stay on you even when you try to lose them, it would make you feel threatened. Especially if they are in a car and then get out on foot. Zimmerman even says in the 911 call that "he sees me." Martin, as anyone here, would feel threatened... And again, this is where his age becomes relevant.

At 17, what would you think of you saw a guy watching you, staring you down, and then following you both in his car and on foot? Now regardless of how you would react, you WOULD react in some manner because he's made you feel threatened. Then the old "fight or flight" mode kicks in.

#523 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I don' think Zimmerman was security per say. He was neighborhood watch, and I think that just means he is suppose to report suspicious activity. But I wonder why a neighborhood watch would need to carry guns. I would think a radio or cellphone would be the only thing required.

That being said, I don't think there is much chance of him being convicted of murder. He might get a lesser conviction.

However, it does seem that the family might have grounds for one heck of a lawsuit.

So if Zimmerman wasn't hired security with a uniform then Martin didn't know if he was just a creep or robber. That makes a huge difference IMO.

#524 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

What trivial situation.

There is an eye witness account that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and bashing his head into the sidewalk..

I will tell you this....if some guy was bashing my head in and I had a gun, I would shoot them too.

You can say that Zimmerman should not have followed Martin. Yet, it is not a crime for him to do so.

You have no idea what happened once Zimmerman and Martin came face to face. Was Zimmerman the agressor? Was Martin the agressor? You have ZERO clue...and neither do I.

It suits your own biases to believe that this guy hunted down and innocent black kid and killed him in cold blood.....even if the eye witness testimory and evidence does not support that story.

Well if that is the case then you have much growing up and maturing to do. I guess this just goes to show the level of estrangement we've all been conditioned with, to where everyone is so paranoid of the other, that they will take the life away from those who are perceived as any kind of threat, no matter how lacking in severity the situation is, and no matter how out of touch from reality such perceived conclusions may be.

You do understand that this kid was KILLED right? He no longer exists...you are aware of this, correct? There are only a handful of crimes someone could partake in that would justify the ending of their existance...and tresspassing with skittles in hand is not warranting of this type of behavior. Even if the 17-year-old kid tried beating up the decade-older grown man, this is still not punishable by DEATH. You talk about self-defense and murder in such a nonchalant manner that its scary. Has it really gotten to the point where this level of violence and barbaric tactics of "self-defense" are now encouraged? Who am i kidding, of course it has. Look at the wars and the millions and millions of people we've murdered across the world on a daily basis. It is sickening that these types of actions have come to be commonplace and acceptable. The fact that this story is even up for debate in the first place further displays that this is a effed up world, and anyone who is in defense of Zimmerman has absolutely lost their mind.

#525 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

So ending Trayvon's life is not murder? The dude is dead by the hands of Zimmerman. Sounds like murder if you ask me...pretty cut and dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com