• Please log in to reply
1122 replies to this topic

#526 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

There is nothing cut and dry about this deal. That's why we're still talking about it.

#527 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Who knows what your response would be if you were being beaten and had you head smashed into the ground..I know i would defend myself with whatever means possible. I'm sure some of yall would roll over and take it.

#528 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Do you think if Zimmerman was planning on killing this kid, would he really call 911 right before he did it and recorded the whole thing on the phone? It shows Zimmerman had no intention of killing Martin. Something went wrong during their conversation. Zimmerman remained on the line with a police the whole time.

I would think him saying "these assholes always get away" shows he planned on doing something so one less asshole would get away.

#529 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

There is nothing cut and dry about this deal. That's why we're still talking about it.

I would disagree and say it is very cut and dry. Person 1 kills person 2 over a trivial situation. The use of deadly force is not justified whatsoever. Bottom line is Zimmerman ended the life of Martin and should be held fully responsible. Thats all there is to it...the rest is semantics.

#530 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

So ending Trayvon's life is not murder? The dude is dead by the hands of Zimmerman. Sounds like murder if you ask me...pretty cut and dry.

I seriously doubt the courts are going to ask you or me.

#531 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Who knows what your response would be if you were being beaten and had you head smashed into the ground..I know i would defend myself with whatever means possible. I'm sure some of yall would roll over and take it.

And who said that wasn't in response to Zimmerman choking Martin or whatever was happening at the time? We don't know what happened during that scuffle. We don't know how long it lasted, how back and forth it was, none of that. I'm interested to see if there was any damage on Martin other than the fatal shot. I've seen nothing on him having cuts or scrapes or any other damage. The autopsy would cover that I'd imagine.

That self-defense argument can go either way.

Also, if Zimmerman was hurt, why would he refuse treatment or go to a hospital to get checked out afterwards until the next day, to confirm further his self-defense argument?

#532 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I would think him saying "these assholes always get away" shows he planned on doing something so one less asshole would get away.

Mmnnn, no.

#533 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

The self defense argument in this situation is a total joke. We're talking about a 17 year old kid armed with skittles...gimme a break.

#534 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I learned one thing on huddle from all this. People have no fuging clue about basic law in country they live in. People jump to conclusion all to fast and scream "Hang him!" before they know what really went on.This is exactly why government loves American people.

#535 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

The self defense argument in this situation is a total joke. We're talking about a 17 year old kid armed with skittles...gimme a break.

I can tell you never been in life or death situation. Must be nice to sit behind your computer screen and pretend like you know what happened. Stick to UFOs.

#536 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

And who said that wasn't in response to Zimmerman choking Martin or whatever was happening at the time? We don't know what happened during that scuffle. We don't know how long it lasted, how back and forth it was, none of that. I'm interested to see if there was any damage on Martin other than the fatal shot. I've seen nothing on him having cuts or scrapes or any other damage. The autopsy would cover that I'd imagine.

That self-defense argument can go either way.

Yes it can go either way. But that is not the question. The important question here is, is there a possibility that Zimmerman is telling the truth, and if so, does that provide reasonable doubt as to his guilt?

#537 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I am sure many are dissapointed, now that the truth has come out. Kid was a bit of a hood. Well still, bright side is when the poo hits the fan, everbody will be getting new flat screens and sound equipment. Hell there will likely be plenty of beer and shoes for all. Bad turn. Bad turn indeed.

#538 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Now that the truth is out, nobody is going to listen to it.

#539 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

I learned one thing on huddle from all this. People have no fuging clue about basic law in country they live in. People jump to conclusion all to fast and scream "Hang him!" before they know what really went on.This is exactly why government loves American people.

People who have an emotional investment in their beliefs are going to be irrational. This includes those on both sides. The sad fact is that it has come down to sides. Us vs. Them. It is a tragedy for everyone involved. Both persons made foolish decisions. As long as emotion rules the day, justice is virtually impossible. I don't know if we as a nation will ever grow up enough to actually practice justice.

#540 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yes it can go either way. But that is not the question. The important question here is, is there a possibility that Zimmerman is telling the truth, and if so, does that provide reasonable doubt as to his guilt?

What would be helpful in that case is documentation of his injuries. By that I mean medical personnel looking over him, pictures, whatever. I find it weird he wouldn't get medical attention until the next day, especially if there's a possibility he had any head trauma or a broken bone. I would want to be assessed in a medical facility, and that would happen before I consent to police questioning.

Another thing that would help is the autopsy report on Martin (if one is being done). It that shows any damage other than the bullet wound (such as head trauma, a broken bone, whatever), then Zimmerman will be in much, much more trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com