• Please log in to reply
1122 replies to this topic

#541 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

People who have an emotional investment in their beliefs are going to be irrational. This includes those on both sides. The sad fact is that it has come down to sides. Us vs. Them. It is a tragedy for everyone involved. Both persons made foolish decisions. As long as emotion rules the day, justice is virtually impossible. I don't know if we as a nation will ever grow up enough to actually practice justice.

Exactly.

Emotions is what makes us different from animals but it also can be our worst enemy.

#542 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Who knows what your response would be if you were being beaten and had you head smashed into the ground..I know i would defend myself with whatever means possible. I'm sure some of yall would roll over and take it.

I would defend myself and curse the moment I put myself in a situation where someone just beat the living poo out of me because I stalked them down. But it doesn't really matter what we would do at that point, does it?

Would you get out of your car, knowing full well police were on the way, and chase down someone in the situation he was in? We know EVERYTHING he did up to the point he left his car. Can you really say, "What he did makes perfect sense"? It may not have been criminal to leave his car and stalk Martin but IMO he is responsible for the ensuing confrontation because of it... as nobody, not even Zimmerman, tries to say that Zimmerman identified himself as neighborhood watch to Martin. Martin probably thought he was a mugger or worse...

I can tell you never been in life or death situation. Must be nice to sit behind your computer screen and pretend like you know what happened. Stick to UFOs.

True, I don't make it a habit to stalk teenagers in gated communities... wait what kind of life or death situation is that? Oh yeah, one that Zimmerman created.

Now I don't think that Zimmerman should be hanged, but I think it is a very sad reflection on the laws of this country that they don't even have the evidence for an arrest and charge of manslaughter apparently. Yes, ladies and gents, it is totally legal to put yourself in a situation where you frighten someone into attacking you so you are "forced" to kill them.

#543 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I can tell you never been in life or death situation. Must be nice to sit behind your computer screen and pretend like you know what happened. Stick to UFOs.

yeah....cuz skittles is serious bidness!11!1!!1!!!

#544 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

I just listened to Zimmerman's 911 tape again. Towards the end, he notes "he ran," talking about Martin.

Martin's girlfriend said she told him to run and to get away from the guy he was looking at.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I come up with that Martin definitely was running away from Zimmerman and Zimmerman was out of the truck. That lends credibility to the girlfriend's side of the story when she said she told him to run and that Martin told her that she was getting away from that suspicious guy.

Anyone want to dispute that analysis?

#545 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Fact: Zimmerman told 911 dispatcher that Martin was "running." So it's a fact. How did Zimmerman get to where Martin was while Martin was running(accoring to Zimmerman himself) if it wasn't for him to chase him? And if Martin was being chased by a stranger, what was he supposed to do? Ironically, if anybody has a "self defense" claim in this situation, it's Martin.

#546 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

it is kinda weird that both 'sides' can basically argue they were acting in self defense, just at different points.

#547 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

And the police/law is stuck in the middle.

#548 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thing is now, if'd been a white boy it would be over. Now we get to see who is racist.

#549 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

if Martin had been a white boy zimmerman wouldn't have chased him down.

#550 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

say what?

#551 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

YEAH i'm kind of lost here...

#552 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,613 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

A New Orleans police officer who posted an offensive comment online about slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin resigned on Tuesday.

Under a news story on Martin, officer Jason Giroir wrote on the website of CNN affiliate

WWL

: "Act like a Thug Die like one!"

#553 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

There are just a specific few people who keep bringing up race here. Shouldn't surprise anyone who they are

#554 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,699 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm surprised that I'm surprised by people's stupidity anymore.

#555 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

if Martin had been a white boy zimmerman wouldn't have chased him down.

See what I mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com