#586 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

"He said this man was watching him," the girl recounted. "So he put his hoodie on, said he lost the man. I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast, I told him to run but he said was not going to run."

But the man would catch up to Trayvon, she recalled.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for?' and the man said, 'What are you doing here?' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing and somebody push Trayvon, because the headset just fell," she said. "I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

depending on the angle you want to look at, it could mean different things. The one cotblock put up implied that Martin engaged the confrontation. If you look at the link above, it implied that Martin in fact told his girlfriend that he lost him and was not going to run, but to "walk fast."

Could be a case where CNN left that part out, and if they did, it drastically changes the testimony.

My head hurts from all of this.

#587 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

depending on the angle you want to look at, it could mean different things. The one cotblock put up implied that Martin engaged the confrontation. If you look at the link above, it implied that Martin in fact told his girlfriend that he lost him and was not going to run, but to "walk fast."

Could be a case where CNN left that part out, and if they did, it drastically changes the testimony.

My head hurts from all of this.

Read them both again. Both seem to indicate that Trayvon confronted Zimmerman first. Again, I ask, if you are being followed by someone you don't know, know that you aren't armed and don't know if he is, what is the prudent thing to do? I understand that 17 year old kids think they are superman and are bursting with ego. That explains his behavior, but doesn't excuse it. It was foolish.

That said, Zimmerman's was far more egregious. He is an adult and should know better. All it would have taken would have been to respond to Trayvon's question with a smile and say, "I'm part of the neighborhood watch here and we've had a few break-ins lately. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. Can I help you find where you need to go?"

#588 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Read them both again. Both seem to indicate that Trayvon confronted Zimmerman first. Again, I ask, if you are being followed by someone you don't know, know that you aren't armed and don't know if he is, what is the prudent thing to do? I understand that 17 year old kids think they are superman and are bursting with ego. That explains his behavior, but doesn't excuse it. It was foolish.

That said, Zimmerman's was far more egregious. He is an adult and should know better. All it would have taken would have been to respond to Trayvon's question with a smile and say, "I'm part of the neighborhood watch here and we've had a few break-ins lately. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. Can I help you find where you need to go?"

I took that Yahoo article as Martin losing Zimmerman, but Zimmerman catching up, causing the confrontation. The CNN one also said Zimmerman reached for his cell phone, but Martin attacked first. I also read that Martin could have saw the gun. So, IF Martin attacked first, would it be reasonable to believe he thought Zimmerman was reaching for his gun? If so, in my mind, his attack would be justified because Martin had good reason to fear for his life - thinking Zimmerman was going for his gun. I'd do anything possible and within my means to prevent that gun from being drawn. That said, how far is too far in self-defense? Incapacitation? Simply pushing off the guy?

Of course, that doesn't answer who started everything, but there's a clear chain of reaction that we only know the end to (Martin's death). We may never know for certain all the details, especially in the absence of witness testimony (in the sense that someone saw EVERYTHING that happened). This could really go either way.

#589 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Anyone else find it ironic that someone in this thread saying this is case is cut and dry is the same person that believes the WTC buildings were brought down by something other than the planes we saw fly into them?

#590 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Martin DID Run... If you think he did not you are saying that both accounts of what happened up to the fight are incorrect. Zimmerman described Martin as running away - that is the entire reason he exits his vehicle and chases him. Martin's GF remarks he did try to flee.

Zimmerman caught up to Martin at some point and the fight ensued... Zimmerman overstepped his bounds.

#591 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

slow down, stop foaming at the mouth and read the thread the guy provided from CNN. Did it not say that the black friend of Zimmerman used the phrase Coon Ass? All I was saying was about Coon Ass origin and meaning. Saban deal was the only place I had heard it before. Had nothing to do with Martin. Sorry to disappoint. If Zimmerman said it, then he was just being racial against blacks. Did not watch the whole CNN video.

You can go back to foaming at the mouth now.

It's not foam.

#592 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Don't know if you all saw the Joe Oliver debacle on evolve over several interviews yesterday on multiple media outlets. But, supposedly, this non-white neighbor went on every possible show he could to say and then say again that in no way was Zimmerman a racist and the incident had nothing to do with race whatsoever. This was his repeated message - repeated emphasis on race by a non-white 'close friend' of Zimmerman.

My initial thoughts... Either this guy is full of crap, OR he is full of crap and is getting paid. I think it is the latter.

He then went on a show on msnbc which I watched and they tore him a new one. Turns out, he isn't a 'close friend' of Zimmerman and they even catch him changing his story multiple times. He either refuses to answer simple questions about Zimmerman or he doesn't have the answers in the interview.

Then, it turns out the host, O'Donnell, has already researched Oliver and points out that he worked with Zimmerman at the same place of employment for a while, he has left his job to go on this publicity campaign, and he in fact, used to be a reporter for CNN.

Making the emphasis about how Zimmerman isn't racist, as a non-white observer, and saying he doesn't believe Zimmerman said "f*cking c***s", combined with all the other crap that he got owned on in this interview tells me Zimmerman's daddy paid for him as a PR guy and is trying to cover his son's ass as he has in the past.

Here is the interview, it is awesome...

http://video.msnbc.m...75546/#46875546

#593 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Making the emphasis about how Zimmerman isn't racist, as a non-white observer, and saying he doesn't believe Zimmerman said "f*cking c***s", combined with all the other crap that he got owned on in this interview tells me Zimmerman's daddy paid for him as a PR guy and is trying to cover his son's ass as he has in the past

Another statement based solely on you own opinion and biases.

You don't know this guy....you don't know his motivations....you don't know whether he is lying or not....but you KNOW that he was hired by Zimmerman?

You take this to a whole new level.

#594 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Another statement based solely on you own opinion and biases.

You don't know this guy....you don't know his motivations....you don't know whether he is lying or not....but you KNOW that he was hired by Zimmerman?

You take this to a whole new level.

Where in that post did I say it was fact? I didn't. That post was solely my opinion and I didn't claim it to be anything else.

#595 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Politics and money are taking the story down many different roads. Who is getting paid to say what and can benefit. All this could make for a harder investigation, who knows.

#596 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

lol @ calling people out because of their opinion, solely because it does not agree with your own...

Unless you're Zimmerman or Martin, you don't know what happened either... so stop arguing semantics...

#597 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

lol @ calling people out because of their opinion, solely because it does not agree with your own...

Unless you're Zimmerman or Martin, you don't know what happened either... so stop arguing semantics...

How dare you bring common sense to the argument.

#598 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

this is why the president shoud be more presidential. he fans flames of discontent rather than pulling the country together.

people need leadership, alas, he cannot provide

http://www.local10.c...pz/-/index.html

#599 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

http://www.lesjones....lackout-poetry/

#600 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

this is why the president shoud be more presidential. he fans flames of discontent rather than pulling the country together.

people need leadership, alas, he cannot provide

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com