#601 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Anyone else find it ironic that someone in this thread saying this is case is cut and dry is the same person that believes the WTC buildings were brought down by something other than the planes we saw fly into them?

Hahaha yea like that plane that brought down WTC7? You're funny.

#602 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

"The girl (Martin's girlfriend), who did not want to be identified, said she was on the phone with the teen before the shooting. When Zimmerman got closer to Martin, she told her boyfriend to run, but Martin told her that he was not going to run, she said.
'What are you stopping me for?' Martin asked Zimmerman, according to the girl.
'What are you doing around here?' Zimmerman asked in response.
The girl said she then got the impression that an altercation was taking place and that someone had pushed Martin, because the headset fell out of his ear, and the phone shut off."

Quoted from http://www.cnn.com/2...sses/index.html

Her counsel was wise. He chose not to follow it. Before you object that he shouldn't have had to run, that isn't the point. Of course he shouldn't have. But if someone is following you, and you have no idea if he is armed or not, and you know you aren't, what is the prudent thing to do?

According to one report I saw (will see if I can find the link) Martin's girlfriend told him to run and he said he was just going to walk fast first. Then later he did end up running.

#603 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Another statement based solely on you own opinion and biases.

You don't know this guy....you don't know his motivations....you don't know whether he is lying or not....but you KNOW that he was hired by Zimmerman?

You take this to a whole new level.

When he directly says in the post " My initial thoughts" it is perfectly clear it was his opinion and he wasn't claiming to know anything.

#604 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

In reply to Mav and the term coon ass. Growing up in Houston we referred to those from la coon asses. White, black, whatever. That being said, what does that have to do with a kid being hunted down?

#605 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Ask Zimmerman. He likes to yell "coons" before pulling out guns on children.

#606 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Sounded like it to me also. Didn't hear him say coon ass, it wouldn't have applied to Martin any how. He said fing coons.

#607 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

According to one report I saw (will see if I can find the link) Martin's girlfriend told him to run and he said he was just going to walk fast first. Then later he did end up running.

tarheelpride provided the link, it's here: http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

I responded that her answers still appear to make it look as if Trayvon initiated the face-to-face confrontation, which I maintain was foolish. As I said before, I understand it coming from a teenager...full of ego, pride, etc., but still foolish. I don't blame him, I simply think his actions weren't wise. But he's a kid. Zimmerman doesn't have that excuse. As I said earlier, he's an adult and should have known better. I'm not going to pretend to know either of them and what was in their minds...though I suspect that both of them had adrenaline pumping and neither were thinking clearly. I'm also not going to assume that what appears to be the case is in fact the case. We really don't know what happened and likely won't know beyond Zimmerman's testimony, which obviously cannot be objective. It's possible that Zimmerman did initiate the physical confrontation...again, there's no way to know. All I'm going by is what the girl said...and she's the closest thing to an eye-witness there is.

#608 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Mom looking to cash in on dead sons name. http://www.dailymail...-sons-name.html

#609 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

You mean: Looking to prevent others from cashing in on dead son's name?

#610 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

You mean: Looking to prevent others from cashing in on dead son's name?

Check the provided link. First PPG:The mother of slain Trayvon Martin recently filed a trademark to protect the rights to his name as an attempt to control- and collect funds from- the masses of merchandise being produced in support of their cause.

#611 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

exactly

#612 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

And what's the prob longtriad?

#613 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Seems to me, the more evidence comes out this was not a hate crime, the more the racist wants it to be so. Like the song says, "haters gotta hate". Yall have at it. If I could have a wish granted, it would be all the hate in the world would turn to love.

#614 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

And what's the prob longtriad?

Grossly inappropriate.

#615 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

tarheelpride provided the link, it's here: http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

I responded that her answers still appear to make it look as if Trayvon initiated the face-to-face confrontation, which I maintain was foolish. As I said before, I understand it coming from a teenager...full of ego, pride, etc., but still foolish. I don't blame him, I simply think his actions weren't wise. But he's a kid. Zimmerman doesn't have that excuse. As I said earlier, he's an adult and should have known better. I'm not going to pretend to know either of them and what was in their minds...though I suspect that both of them had adrenaline pumping and neither were thinking clearly. I'm also not going to assume that what appears to be the case is in fact the case. We really don't know what happened and likely won't know beyond Zimmerman's testimony, which obviously cannot be objective. It's possible that Zimmerman did initiate the physical confrontation...again, there's no way to know. All I'm going by is what the girl said...and she's the closest thing to an eye-witness there is.

We have very different interpretations of what the girlfriend reportedly said.

"He said this man was watching him," the girl recounted. "So he put his hoodie on, said he lost the man. I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast, I told him to run but he said was not going to run."

She is not saying he said, "I refuse to flee." He refused to run, but he was walking fast. He even thought he lost Zimmerman. How does this point to Trayvon starting the initial confrontation?

Are you saying that you think that it was stupid for Trayvon Martin not to run as fast as he could? Perhaps, given the outcome, but I think it is a bit weird to decide that a resident of a gated neighborhood should have to take off and run as fast as they can in said neighborhood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com