1122 replies to this topic

#691 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Report 'suspicious' activity to the police... which he did. I do not think the responsibility of neighborhood watch person is to track down suspicious individuals, especially when told by the police not to do so.

You really think it was the hoodie that made him instantly suspicious and worthy of being followed?

It makes people instantly suspicious enough to disallow them in convenience stores...regardless of color.

#692 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

#693 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

so in one post you prove many of our points.

He does this a lot.

#694 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

He does this a lot.

lol then doesnt even bother responding.

#695 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

so in one post you prove many of our points.

I've never questioned how you handle the confrontation as being the issue.

#696 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

It makes people instantly suspicious enough to disallow them in convenience stores...regardless of color.

So you find three examples of convenience store owners enacting in house rules and somehow you think that it makes anyone wearing a hoodie (in the rain, at that) enough of a threat to ignore police orders and chase them down?

I dunno, his use of a racial slur to me suggests this was more than just "Oh god, there is a man wearing a hoodie, he could DESTROY this town!"

I don't know that he is a racist but I think it is pretty obvious there was a high degree of racial profiling going on there.

#697 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

So you find three examples of convenience store owners enacting in house rules and somehow you think that it makes anyone wearing a hoodie (in the rain, at that) enough of a threat to ignore police orders and chase them down if they are wearing a hoodie?

I dunno, his use of the particular racial slur he did to me suggests this was more than just "Oh god, there is a man wearing a hoodie, he could DESTROY this town!"

First off...as I've said...there's nothing against the law to follow someone in your neighborhood. You again use the word "chase" in a way that insinuates someone chasing down prey. Contact in the form of asking someone's intent is completely justified especially by a n-hood watch person. As for his slur, albeit distasteful and ignorant....doesn't make him guilty of anything other than being prejudiced which again...is not against the law.

#698 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

http://www.anncoulte...2012-03-28.html

#699 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ann Coulter linkage!

Posted Image

#700 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

let me help you g5, seeing as you dont fully grasp the law here. in fl, as in nc, you can not chase, follow (pick what ever verb you want) a subject, engage said subject, then use deadly force on the subject. that is the law. simple and plain. he was given a freebie when the dispatcher advised him not to follow.

#701 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Heck, why do you think the Klan wore sheets over their heads, to be cool?

Seriously? You just compared wearing a hoodie to the Klan and their white sheets.

Geeezus

#702 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

let me help you g5, seeing as you dont fully grasp the law here. in fl, as in nc, you can not chase, follow (pick what ever verb you want) a subject, engage said subject, then use deadly force on the subject. that is the law. simple and plain. he was given a freebie when the dispatcher advised him not to follow.

First off...911 operators are nothing more than triage for fire, rescue, and police...they aren't law enforcement officers typically unless the call had been forwarded to a sheriff/police office.

You're assuming there again was a chase (prey definition) and killing as if Zimmerman was some cheetah chasing down a lone gazelle and killing it.

You don't know if it was simply a cheetah chasing off another cheetah in it's territory and when it bit off more than it could chew...it felt it had to kill the other.

Tell/show me a law that states you have to stop following someone you feel is doing something they shouldn't be doing (obviously no restraining order applies in this situation).

#703 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Ann Coulter linkage!

Posted Image

skeered to read eh

#704 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

First off...911 operators are nothing more than triage for fire, rescue, and police...they aren't law enforcement officers typically unless the call had been forwarded to a sheriff/police office.

You're assuming there again was a chase (prey definition) and killing as if Zimmerman was some cheetah chasing down a lone gazelle and killing it.

You don't know if it was simply a cheetah chasing off another cheetah in it's territory and when it bit off more than it could chew...it felt it had to kill the other.

Tell/show me a law that states you have to stop following someone you feel is doing something they shouldn't be doing (obviously no restraining order applies in this situation).

it would be best to twist someones words around when the actual words aren't on the same page. thats not what i said. if you care to know re-read it.

#705 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

she got all her info from the huddle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.