Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've got the ring and I am proposing.

145 posts in this topic

Posted

congrats, good luck, go deep!

no advice on Charleston...I've only been there once, it seemed nice! I like the previously mentioned bridge idea...if she says no, it's a quick step and gone!

Posted

congrats, good luck, go deep!

no advice on Charleston...I've only been there once, it seemed nice! I like the previously mentioned bridge idea...if she says no, it's a quick step and gone!

Bridge was just a joke....not a place for a proposal. Battery wouldn't be bad though.

Posted

If you want to make the proposal memorable, stay in Charleston Place Hotel........

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats! Marriage is great! I've been happily married going on 8 years....3 words of advice from me...

Separate

Bank

Accounts

You're welcome :)

and Charleston is a great place to do it

That actually might be the worst advice

Posted

We could start a thread a about joint or separate accounts. I think few young couples can successfully do separate accounts.

Posted

That actually might be the worst advice

how so? Obviously it works perfect for us..It may not work for everyone..but to keep some money separate is smart

I take care of bills..I let him know what I need..he transfers money to me..and I transfer money to him sometimes...I like to know how much money I'm working with..one debit card is all that's associated with my account..no one else spends on it..I know exactly what I have at all times..why is that bad?

oh wait..you're not married..what the hell do you know...come back to me after a few years

you know what bruce...I take back any advice I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, I am only just a woman...good luck and god speed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome news and congrats man! I'm a tad too young to give marriage advice, but I will share something I've learned over my short years. You can either be right, or you can be happy. Remember it.

Posted

how so? Obviously it works perfect for us..It may not work for everyone..but to keep some money separate is smart

I take care of bills..I let him know what I need..he transfers money to me..and I transfer money to him sometimes...I like to know how much money I'm working with..one debit card is all that's associated with my account..no one else spends on it..I know exactly what I have at all times..why is that bad?

oh wait..you're not married..what the hell do you know...come back to me after a few years

you know what bruce...I take back any advice I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, I am only just a woman...good luck and god speed.

you are the exception and not the standard then...everyone that I've talked to about this has given the opposite advice. I see the ones who keep it separate and its a huge issue. One buddy struggles while she's off buying Kate Spade purses...but she contributes to the bills and lives at a different income level. (Actually know several like this)

1 person likes this

Posted

those sound like horrible selfish wives ..sucks to be married to them

Posted

We already combined our bills. We both have a credit card (I keep my limit low) and I have a Amex Charge because I might throw $2-5k in business travel on there a month.

Posted

this, folks, is "a tizzy"

:cool:

Posted

We have combined accounts, she does the finances, I buy whatever I want so does she... works for me.