• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I would call them right now and make the trade for thier two firsts.

I'm just not a fan of anyone at nine. Two picks in the later part of the draft gives us a ton of ammo in this draft and would allow for (at the very least) us to walk away from this draft with two impact players on defense.

#47 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I would call them right now and make the trade for thier two firsts.

I'm just not a fan of anyone at nine. Two picks in the later part of the draft gives us a ton of ammo in this draft and would allow for (at the very least) us to walk away from this draft with two impact players on defense.

That would be stupid. You dont know how the draft will unfold. what if you traded and then come draft day, Claiborne/Blackmon were there at #9.

#48 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

It is very interesting, but the problem with this team is the fact that we need TALENT not depth. Thats all your really getting after the top 20 in this draft.

#49 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

with this same logic, y would ne move up?

wat

#50 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

#51 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I would be open to this if they slid us a 2 or 3 next year. Draft is really top heavy, then picks 8-40 or so will be a lot of dudes with just about equal talent.

Not really we could elevate our talent level at three positions with what would be first round talent take that deal Today!

I'd take that deal.

Such a no brainer.

#52 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

That would be stupid. You dont know how the draft will unfold. what if you traded and then come draft day, Claiborne/Blackmon were there at #9.

Blackmon won't be taken even if he is there.

Claiborne is a different story, however there is no way he falls out of the top 6. Anybody telling themselves that is dilusional.

#53 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Blackmon won't be taken even if he is there.

Claiborne is a different story, however there is no way he falls out of the top 6. Anybody telling themselves that is dilusional.

If Blackmon is there he better be taken. I don't care if it's not biggest need. BPA.

#54 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

If Blackmon is there he better be taken. I don't care if it's not biggest need. BPA.

If Blackmon and Claiborne are both there? Hell no, you don't take Blackmon. I don't know how you would determine who is the BPA between the two, but Claiborne is an instant upgrade to one of the worst parts of our team. Our secondary would go from horrible to near-great.

#55 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,538 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Meh...
I'd tell them to call back come draft day after the first few picks unfold. Claiborne might fall to us, and if that happens we dont need to pass that up.

#56 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Not really we could elevate our talent level at three positions with what would be first round talent take that deal Today!

Such a no brainer.

Did you misread my post? I said The talent difference between picks 9 and 40 are marginal....

#57 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Fletcher Cox, Mark Barron and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd say WHAT???? that would be SICK

#58 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

As soon as Claiborne and Blackmon got drafted, I'd be on the phone with the Patriots.

....then I'd draft DT Devon Still/Jerel Worthy, LB Zach Brown & CB Stephen Gilmore/Chase Minnifield/Jayron Hosley

I really want Janoris Jenkins though:(

#59 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Did you misread my post? I said The talent difference between picks 9 and 40 are marginal....

I got you, I feel we usually say that but each year good players come from all spots in the draft. Let me say this, just based off the most popular mock draft (Walterfootball) would you rather have Claiborne if we're lucky or brockers compared to Devon still and Mark B.? Not arguing just asking your serious opinion.

#60 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Fletcher Cox, Mark Barron and Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd say WHAT???? that would be SICK

Sick!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com