#1 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

BIG corner for sure! The thought of Captain on V Jackson twice a year makes me cringe! (not they that they would actually put Cpt on him)

So I ask those of you who are big into the College game this:

Should we pick up a CB with the first pick? Or is there enough depth at the position to get a "value" pick in the 2nd?

Also we still don't know how this Hogan situation will pan out... So maybe a safety.

I'd love anyone with knowledge on these two positions to weigh in.

#2 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,874 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

When I look at the track record of big-money free agent wide receivers, I think we should leave him uncovered on every play. Anyone who has followed that trend knows what I'm talking about.

#3 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Not an expert, but I thought "Jones, Colston, Jackson....Dre Kirkpatrick" As much as I would rather focus on the pass rush...

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

i'll be interested to see how good jackson is without rivers.

#5 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Champions are made in the offseason.

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

i'll be interested to see how good jackson is without rivers.

This, however Freemans arm strenth has never been a question and V-Jax is big enough to mask a few of Freeman's flaws. With his mobility in the pocket and the threat of Jackson both down the sidelines and over the middle we could be in a tough matchup if our LB's dont come back strong along with whomever we aquire in the secondary.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,580 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

ummmm we have this guy playing corner, may have heard of him....chris gamble. i hear he's pretty good.

#7 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

#8 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Dre Kirkpatrick's biggest weakness is against big physical corners. He was abused by ALshon Jeffrey. Gamble is a big corner, and can play with any of those WRs in our division. We don't need another big corner.. just any sized solid CB will do. Claiborne is 5'11". Janoris Jenkins is 5'10'. They would do great.

#9 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Why the Panthers #2 CB be on the Bucs #1 WR?

#10 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think Claiborne will be the pick for sure should he be there. Look around the NFC South, Gamble can take on the #1's, but then you've also got to deal with the #2's like Julio Jones. We need a sure fire talented CB to take these guys. Gamble, Claiborne, Hogan, Munnerlyn should be a competent secondary.

#11 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

I think it is obvious that Claiborne would be the selection if he were available at 9...but we all know that he won't make it that far.

#12 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Brandon Hogan will shut down Julio Jones...

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,112 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

We will play zone again this year meaning that we don't need a great man coverage guy just a very good zone coverage corner. What gets undervalued here is that great cover 2 schemes have physical safeties who are good in coverage and ferocious hitters who separate receivers from the ball. We could do as well making Hogan the corner and upgrading free safety with a very good guy as we could upgrading cornerback. Best of allwe could do it in the 4th round. Again I am not against upgrading the cornerback position at all. I am simply saying that zone schemes count on everyone playing their position well moreso than needing superstars at every position. I remember when Philly under Johnson had Brian Dawkins patrolling the middle and receivers cared more about where he was at then they did about catching the ball. New rules have taken some of that away but not all.

#14 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Not an expert, but I thought "Jones, Colston, Jackson....Dre Kirkpatrick" As much as I would rather focus on the pass rush...

If we're gonna pick a corner, it would behoove us to pick one with top-notch coverage skills rather than a future safety.

#15 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

What we really need is a big nasty speedy safety. Another corner, yes, but safety is where every team will test us. I think any coach will press on that wound until we fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.