<

Photo
- - - - -

to the disgruntled Panther fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Keyshawn = THE Best thing to happen to this team since.. conception.

#62 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Keyshawn = THE Best thing to happen to this team since.. conception.

I can remember when people were talking about Key and Smitty being the best combination since Shaq and Kobe.

#63 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I can remember when people were talking about Key and Smitty being the best combination since Shaq and Kobe.

I was one of those people. I loved Keyshawn and his zaniness.

#64 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Glad I was right then. :lol:

#65 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

quit with the 2nd year progress.
im not believing it anymore.
if you suck you suck. the third year is when yall start saying cut him right?

#66 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

You ruined your whole point right here.

Many fans are tired of hearing "next year".

We should be competitive this year. No doubt about that. With some luck, we should sniff the playoffs. Which IMO, means that by the end of this year, our starters should be pretty well established.

With that extra year of growth behind us. We should be in the position to narrow our targets at FA. To me, less targets is good. We have less homework, and if the player is familiar almost no learning curve.

We have too many holes to target FAs. When we can narrow our search, I am sure that will be when we go shopping.

I think that is what I mean. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#67 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

this team will be lucky to win 8 games next year...just saying...

#68 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

It wasn't luck that Hurney took Cam. If you remember correctly our team was universally panned for selecting Cam, and nearly every single analysis said that Blaine Gabbert should go #1 instead of Cam. If you truly think our team sucks at drafting after we've drafted Charles Johnson, Thomas Davis, Chris Gamble, Cam Newton, Steve Smith, Ryan Kalil, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jordan Gross, James Anderson, and Greg Hardy.....you're a plain ole fuging dumbass. I doubt very seriously there is a team in the NFL who has a record in the draft as good as ours.

Yea there is no luck being the worst team in the league and getting to pick 1st.

#69 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

this team will be lucky to win 8 games next year...just saying...

I see us finishing with more Dubs than Els this year. The entire division should be much more evenly matched though.

#70 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

forget spending large amounts and getting into bidding wars on the few top FAs. how bout just a couple solid starting caliber players at cheap/reasonable deals.

it seems like this team is either busy massively paying their own players or scraping the bottom of the barrel for guys that nobody else wants for the bare minimum. there's almost no middle ground, and generally that's where the best value is at.

right now we need to fill/upgrade 5-6 starter positions and add depth at multiple positions as well. if we wait until the draft and cuts to address everything the chances of us putting together a playoff run is damn near zero.

Actually the opposite is true, Waiting until later in free agency when guys are wondering if they will play for anyone and teams have moved on with draft choices to fill many of their needs will result in many free agents willing to work on 1 year contracts or take a significant discount. We need to not be so quick to rush and overspend in what is essentially a buyers market. Despite all the signings there are still hundred of free agents out them, most of who have been starters at some point in their career.
Secondly Hurney and Rivera have a long term plan not a 1 year plan. If it takes until the end of next year to assemble a team that will make the playoffs instead of mortgaging everything for success this year, that is what they will do. Build for the long haul instead of a quick fix.

#71 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I've been a Panthers fan for almost 10 years now so I'm used to quiet free agency periods. I have a few comments to make about all of the people throwing temper tantrums.

Anyone who thought we were actually going to sign Mario Williams is a complete fuging moron who has no clue about how the NFL actually functions. Besides the fact that we don't have the cap room, you must not have been a fan of us for very long because it's well known that we build through the draft and not free agency. I'm convinced that people throwing a fit are fair weather fans or people who are only here because of Cam. The Carolina Panther's way of doing things is the proven best way. Dallas, Tampa, and Washington can spend all the money they want and it never does them any good at all. Teams like us, Patriots, Giants, Ravens, Packers, and Steelers all build through the draft and those are the teams that have the most success.

So GTFO and go back to the team you bandwagoned before Cam was here if you don't like the way things are done.

You do realize the Cowboys, Redskins and Bucs have 9 Super Bowls between them? Also, the Packers and Ravens are usually active in FA/trades.

#72 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

You do realize the Cowboys, Redskins and Bucs have 9 Super Bowls between them? Also, the Packers and Ravens are usually active in FA/trades.

How many of the Packers current starters were acquired via trade or free agency compared to drafted talent?

#73 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

You realize two of those teams haven't won since the 90s and this is the first year that the Bucs have brought anyone in via free agency, right?