148 replies to this topic

#136 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Gotta go with OSU/Louisville for Saturdays games. Unless Florida can get Dieng in foul trouble it's gonna be extremely tough. Florida MUST not rely on the three and must take it to the hoop. If they float around the perimeter they are just playing into Pitino's hands and Louisville will win soundly. Get Dieng in foul trouble, I like UF.

Ohio St. is gonna be too tough for Cuse at the end IMO. Craft will draw the assignment of Dion Waiters which will be the matchup of the tournament so far. Sullinger vs Christmas is where Cuse is gonna severely miss Fab Melo. At the end Sullinger/Deshaun Thomas will be too much for the Fab-less cuse.

Yeah besides Beal and Boynton, you aren't going to see our perimeter players drive too much. Hell, Murphy our 4 shoots more from the perimeter than the post.

UF will still shoot the 3s because that's what got them there. It's not like they are just chucking anytime they step over half court. They really work it around in their offense. They set a lot of screens on and off ball to get people open. UF 3 point shots are usually after working it around.

And considering Deing will alter our shots, driving might not work all that well. It'd be nice to get him in foul trouble but it most likely will come from working it in the post to Young.

#137 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just a few thoughts for tonight's games.

Kentucky vs Indiana
Indiana matches up well against Kentucky with their 3 point shooting and Zeller down low. The best way to beat Kentucky is to play an uptempo game and hope to hit some shots. Idiana has done it before but you could look at that two ways. One being, Kentucky using it as motivation. And two being, Indiana having the confidence knowing they can beat Kentucky. Don't see the Hoosiers winning but can't rule them out.

Baylor vs Xavier
Baylor has loads of talent but doesn't always perform to there best of ability. Still see Baylor winning with Perry Jones III and crew but Tu Holloway always has the ability to go off.

UNC vs Ohio
On paper this shouldn't be a game. Marshall doesn't look like he'll need to play but his injury is more concerning for UNC than Henson's. PG play is crucial to winning and Marshall is a good distributor. It'll be interesting to see if he plays or if they'll need to use him. Ohio, if I am not mistaken, forces some turnovers. With Marshall at PG that might not be as big a problem but without him it might.

Kasas vs NC State
NC State is on a roll and momentum does seem to play a factor in the tournament. Kansas barely sneaked by last game but should be ready this game. Howell and Robinson should be a great matchup to watch. This and the Kentucky-Indiana game might be the best 2 games on tonight.

#138 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Whew, UNC got lucky. But sometimes it takes a bit of luck to survive. Bullock was so clutch while Barnes wasn't.

Ohio can force some turnovers. If only they hit that last FT.

#139 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Come on Indiana. Knock those Cats out.

#140 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Why the fug is Davis playing hurt when you're up by 20. Calipari is a prick.

#141 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Why the fug is Davis playing hurt when you're up by 20. Calipari is a prick.

Davis didn't want his knee to stiffin up. It's got nothing to do with Cal. If he was desperate like that he would've put him in at the end of the first half against Indiana. Don't worry Cal's just fine. And clearly knows what he's doing.

#142 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Davis didn't want his knee to stiffin up. It's got nothing to do with Cal. If he was desperate like that he would've put him in at the end of the first half against Indiana. Don't worry Cal's just fine. And clearly knows what he's doing.

Riiiiight...

#143 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

Wish Saturday would just get here already.

#144 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Wish Saturday would just get here already.

I've been waiting for 14 years.

#145 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

I lived in Daytona Beach when we won our last two. I'm back home now and would love to be here when we win the next one. If Louisville wins, I'm moving away.

#146 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hope Louisville pulls a Duke and upsets the "unbeatable" and i hope Kansas beats Ohio st.

Hope Kansas wins it all.

#147 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

I lived in Daytona Beach when we won our last two. I'm back home now and would love to be here when we win the next one. If Louisville wins, I'm moving away.

Yeah I lived in Louisville when we played in all three of those years and I still hate Arizona. But this year I'm living here in N.C. Which is cool if you like being surrounded by haters.

#148 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hope Louisville pulls a Duke and upsets the "unbeatable" and i hope Kansas beats Ohio st.

Hope Kansas wins it all.

yeah, but UK will probably do what they've done all year, and impose thier will on whoever they play.

#149 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hope everyone enjoys the final 4 weekend! I know I will! GO BIG BLUE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com