237 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'm still pissed over his contract, money could have definitely went elsewhere or saved to re-sign J-stew. He was paid far too much for a RB of his age, and probably will never rush 1,000 yards ever again. :rant:

#2 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

who cares if that money could of been used on a stud defensive player that could play almost all defensive snaps last year and this upcoming one.

Stewart has someone who can give him a rest when he isn't getting a rest as Cam dominates on the ground. We can at least boast about having invested more heavily in our ground attack than any team in the NFL. That makes us #1 at something....

#3 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

I think williams is a good player, and I'm happy we resigned him especially to help our young qb. I think we probably paid him too much and wish we were in better cap shape. It's not the end of the world or anything. Be cool friend.

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

I think williams is a good player, and I'm happy we resigned him especially to help our young qb. I think we probably paid him too much and wish we were in better cap shape. It's not the end of the world or anything. Be cool friend.

didn't look like Cam needed it...looked like Cam could of used some defensive help. A stud defender would have helped last year and would this upcoming year.

#5 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,394 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Rant threads :rolleyes:

#6 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

who cares if that money could of been used on a stud defensive player that could play almost all defensive snaps last year and this upcoming one.

Stewart has someone who can give him a rest when he isn't getting a rest as Cam dominates on the ground. We can at least boast about having invested more heavily in our ground attack than any team in the NFL. That makes us #1 at something....

You know, vince lombardi won four championships without ever once using sarcasm. He just yelled and shoved people.

#7 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, that's a nice strategy. Give your RB a breather by running your franchise QB more.

With all due respect, that is a horrible plan.

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I just needed to vent.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

This is a passing league now.

#10 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

At the time we did not know Cam was going to be great. It really did make since but hindsight is always 20/20. Just be happy we have our Payton Manning and good things will come from that.

#11 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

I posted this in another thread but I will say it again.

The Panthers reward players who have performed well for them in the past. They do not hire big name FA's who have no team loyalty and are selling there services to the highest bidder.

I love this about our front office. If you have serious problems with this, maybe you are following the wrong team and would be happier cheering for the Redskins or Eagles.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, that's a nice strategy. Give your RB a breather by running your franchise QB more.

With all due respect, that is a horrible plan.

a horrible plan would be drafting a dual threat player at QB and unique matchup nightmare the league has never seen......and then not running him.

It sure wasn't horrible this year for us. You want Cam to take a step backwards then shrinking his role in our run game will surely do it.

Cam is part of our run game....not wanting him to be is just silly. Silly at this stage of his career.

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

I loved that run off the read option he had against the Taints last year.

#14 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

didn't look like Cam needed it...looked like Cam could of used some defensive help. A stud defender would have helped last year and would this upcoming year.

Yeah, it didn't look like our rookie qb didn't need any help on offense after a shortened offseason which means our front office got a lot of things right. And one "stud" defender that we could have supposedly had for that money wouldn't have fixed that defense. Injuries made it a sieve.

#15 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

People tend to forget Williams wasn't an exclusive Free Agent. We had to outbid other teams and I believe had the Front Office thought they could get him cheaper then they would have.

Same with Charles Johnson.

The entire age argument is bullcrap. He has never been THE #1 running back since he came in the NFL. I'm willing to bet he'll play and be able to contribute to a team until his mid-30s.

This isn't 1992 where you run your back into the ground in 3 years and his legs are dead.

Here's an example, Kevin Faulk vs. Larry Johnson. Who was more productive and consistent over the length of their career?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com