Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nakamura Signed

154 posts in this topic

Posted

Really? nobody??

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think so.

Posted

We got our first Asian. Think he's a mutt though .

Good ST player. And better be the last ST player we sign.

Not quite sure why anyone would even say something so stupid.

Posted

I don't think so.

If this guy winds up being 80% as good as Reed....we will all be turning Japanese Sunday afternoons. ;)

Posted

you really think so?

Posted

From what I've been reading, his whole family is big into judo, including his mom who's said to be a black belt and his sister who's a national champ.

Let's hope he can teach Martin some "wax on...wax off".

Posted

I really think so.

Posted

LOL, polynesians say hi.

Eh, depends on the difference between 'race and 'ethnicity'

Polynesians are asian, they just live on an island and have a different culture than mainland asians.

Just like Native Americans and Native Mexicans are the same race, but have two totally different cultures, and live on two different sides of an imaginary line.

Native Hawaiians can trace they're ancestory back to Japan, but Japanese are considered Asian and Hawaiians are considered Pacific Islanders.

It is just semantics. Pacific islanders have more of a cultural difference than an ethinic difference with "mainland' asians. Sorry, I know this isnt important, but I have a pet peeve of people telling me I am wrong when I am not.

I am glad we signed Nakamura. He has learned from the all time best.

Posted

Polynesians are asian, they just live on an island and have a different culture than mainland asians.

Just like Native Americans and Native Mexicans are the same race, but have two totally different cultures, and live on two different sides of an imaginary line.

Native Hawaiians can trace they're ancestory back to Japan, but Japanese are considered Asian and Hawaiians are considered Pacific Islanders.

It is just semantics. Pacific islanders have more of a cultural difference than an ethinic difference with "mainland' asians. Sorry, I know this isnt important, but I have a pet peeve of people telling me I am wrong when I am not.

My IQ just went up. Thanks

Posted

Actually Polynesia is more a part of what is considered Oceania. Oceania includes Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, Samoa, Fiji. The natives in Hawaii can trace their roots to these islands which broke off from Pangaea like a fuging billion years ago. So you are wrong.

Posted

Hard Knocks. Might be a little trite and/or crazy, but me likes.

Posted

I was going to say that KnockOut would work...or Hard Nakamura.

But, I knida like his middle name. Robert.

Banzaiiii!