#61 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Williams cap his is the lowest of his contract during the year that Stewart's contract runs up. I doubt that's a coincidence. Our cap will get a significant boast with the new TV contracts in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we resign Stewart and then restructure Dwill in the future.

#62 tsullivan27

tsullivan27

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Im sure Stewart is one that will be traded if they trade anyone. a source told ESPN radio according to my panthers friend who listens to it all day every day when he's up. He will be a free agent at end of next year and has said he doesn't want to re-sign and won't because he wants to fully start somewhere else and leave by free agency. The panthers know this and this is why they are looking at Tolbert so they could see what kind of trade they could get out of stewart now and get good draft picks or players and still have a good two back tandem!

#63 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Leave the runningbacks the way they are. Re-sign Stewart next year. Why is everyone so sure he wants to leave? Not like you know him.

#64 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

People kill me that keep yelling to resign Stewart. Yall dont get it, what if Stewart doesnt want to resign??? What if he doesnt want to be here anymore?? At the end of the day there is nothing the panthers can do about that. If thats the case then they have to make the right business decison and get some kind of compensation for him. I want stewart to stay as much as the next person, but if he doesnt want to stay then something has to be done to benefit, we cant keep letting great players walk for nothing.

#65 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Bad idea to let either go. They are the best we got. Williams + Stewart + Newton+ a decient defense = wins. Needs = defense.

#66 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

People kill me that keep yelling to resign Stewart. Yall dont get it, what if Stewart doesnt want to resign??? What if he doesnt want to be here anymore?? At the end of the day there is nothing the panthers can do about that. If thats the case then they have to make the right business decison and get some kind of compensation for him. I want stewart to stay as much as the next person, but if he doesnt want to stay then something has to be done to benefit, we cant keep letting great players walk for nothing.

Pretty simple, he deserves to be the feature back and cannot get that money here as we are out of cash. Do not blame him, he deserves to be the man somewhere

#67 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I keep reliving the Peppers situation, which could have pocketed some nice picks. So that's why a situation like this, should warrant some sort of consideration when it comes to 'business decisions' on Stewart. I'd like to see him stay, but he might want to find greener pastures.

#68 kepickle

kepickle

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I think Stewart is a better back than Williams but if we trade stewart I hope it is for a 1st or a high 2nd & a player or two

#69 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Pretty simple, he deserves to be the feature back and cannot get that money here as we are out of cash. Do not blame him, he deserves to be the man somewhere

EXACTLY! People that think that Stewart has EVERY reason to stay here and not leave are not thinking logically, if he stays he probably wont get a contract like Deangelo's (expected to take less money) and he wont get carries like a back of his caliber deserves. The same reasons people are wanting him to stay and think that he will consider staying are in the same ball park as people calling saints fans dumb for thinking Nicks was gonna stay in New Orleans. Come on people, dont go down that route.

#70 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

EXACTLY! People that think that Stewart has EVERY reason to stay here and not leave are not thinking logically, if he stays he probably want get a contract like Deangelo's (expected to take less money) and he wont get carries like a back of his caliber deserves. The same reasons people are wanting him to stay and think that he will consider staying are in the same ball park as people calling saints fans dumb for thinking Nicks was gonna stay in New Orleans. Come on people, dont go down that route.

he will want a better contract than Williams.

#71 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

I get that people get nervous about losing Stew. Or DWill for that matter. Guys and gals, just relax and take a deep breath. The only way Stew leaves is if it is his decision. If he wants to stay, he will get a contract he deserves. And please quit saying he won't get DWill money. He will be getting DWill money.

Of course Stew deserves to be a feature back. The problem comes when fans think HE feels that way. From what I know. He has never said he wants to be a feature back. On the contrary, I am quite certain that he relishes in the fact that having DWill as a running mate will extend his career. And by extension, in the long run, earn him more money. And he does not have to get beat to hell to earn it.

The cap is going up big time in 14. That will allow us to do some things next year. Resign Smitty and Stew will be top of the list. And both will be taken care of, as expected. We are on the verge of something special. We know it, and the Panthers know it.

It is entertaining with all the Chicken Littles around here. Let's jump to worse case scenario first. Overreact. Then accept what you cannot change.

If you really think the Panthers will not give Stew the contract he deserves, you need to reevaluate how you look at the Organization as a whole. To a fault we take care of our own. And with the cap soaring in 14, we should be sitting pretty. ENJOY, it really is painless.

And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!

#72 Penalty Flag

Penalty Flag

Overthrown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Trade Stewart and next years first to Cleveland to move up and draft Claiborne?? possibility.

Did I just see that?

#73 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Did I just see that?

Yes u did.

#74 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So