Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

New Forum Layout - Read This

192 posts in this topic

So after many years of patching, updating, screwing, fixing, fingering, planking, the huddle was on crutches. Lots of things didn't work, most notably the search function. Most was not really fixable.

So, the only answer was to start clean and import the data into a new engine. Thus, this new board.

It is stil a work in progress. Color scheme and layout will change. I will add some popular features and such.

Been working on this all day, so if you all would just test it out and report any bugs here it would help.

Much thanks! Keep up the good work. I do find it works best posting drunk and nude.

What the hell have you done?

Upgraded to newest forum version. Messed the theme up a bit. Working on it.

Im starting to like it more as time goes

dammit where did my 26 pie slices go?!?!?!

Nothing will mark as read anymore.

I'm gonna need you to put the new content button back, please.

Thanks

Now that I've had a few days at a PC to use this, I have formed an opinion.

I do like the name change ability, as long as it's used in moderation... I like the way it posts pics and gives you an instant preview. It does load much, much faster on the phone, but I do miss the Huddle app. Being able to vote up or down on individual posts is a nice feature.

The layout in and of itself isn't bad, there is a lot I like about it... but to me it is much harder to follow. Just visually the forums are harder to read... the quoted texts don't stand out as much and it takes a lot longer to go thru new posts than it did on vBulletin. The new content button is nice, but I also miss the way userCP showed your subscribed threads, which btw doesn't seem to work at all here...

Definitely some tweaking that needs done.

I do like the name change ability, as long as it's used in moderation... I like the way it posts pics and gives you an instant preview. It does load much, much faster on the phone, but I do miss the Huddle app. Being able to vote up or down on individual posts is a nice feature.

The layout in and of itself isn't bad, there is a lot I like about it... but to me it is much harder to follow. Just visually the forums are harder to read... the quoted texts don't stand out as much and it takes a lot longer to go thru new posts than it did on vBulletin. The new content button is nice, but I also miss the way userCP showed your subscribed threads, which btw doesn't seem to work at all here...

If you click on "New Content" and then select "Items I participated in" you get the same kind of thing the usercp used to have.

1 person likes this

Name change ability?

(your message box be full, bro)

yeah yeah yeah I know its all fugged up right now. I upgraded the forum software which messed the skin up. It will be fixed in the next day or two. Until then there is a community box of tampons for you, up until now its only been Johnny Rockets using them on his leaky arse.

1 person likes this

Name change ability?

(your message box be full, bro)

Yes, apparently you can change your username...

DIdn't know my inbox was full... :( I'll check it. Thanks bro.