Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dook

61 posts in this topic

Posted

The reality is that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Duke and they drastically overachieved during the regular season and played themselves into a high ranking. The team definitely ran out of gas during the last month of the season and the loss of Ryan Kelly was the straw that broke the camels back. Lehigh was also a horrible match up for Duke with their quickness. Duke had struggled to defend the dribble drive all season.

Posted

When's the last time Duke had a legit big guy....Boozer? K also doesn't go to his bench much through the season to develop guys. He is a great coach but his recruiting has fallen off. Rivers wasn't as good as expected. Irving was a legit #1 guy.

Posted

Where's C-A-T-S?

Posted

lol @ rebuilding year. That was giggle worthy.

Posted

It was, whether you want to admit it or not. We only had one senior.

Posted

That's fine if it was a rebuilding year, but at UNC rebuilding year or not we don't find any justification to accept losing. ESPECIALLY in such an embarassing way on national television.

The ACC sure is proud.

Posted

UNC has never had an embarrassing loss, I forgot.

Posted

Not of this magnitude.

Posted

Doesn't matter really. I don't know what you expect. I was aware of this teams faults before the season started and was pleasantly surprised with how well they played for the majority of the season. But anyone who was really paying attention could see the writing on the wall for the last month, especially after Kelly's injury. You saying "not of this magnitude" like it's some huge difference between UNC's embarrassing losses is laughable indeed.

Posted

It IS a huge difference, Carolina has never crapped the bed in the NCAA tournament like this. This is the dance, you're expected to show up with the best you've got...and last night Duke's best got beat by a High School team. You can dress it up all you want but there really is no comparison, Duke's loss last night easily trumps any other defeats in their own history and in UNC's history.

...but whatever you think you have to say to ease the pain, I understand that from a fan point of view.

Posted

You haven't been watching college basketball very long have you?

Posted

You haven't been watching college basketball very long have you?

Long enough to know that a 15 beating a 2 is considered extremely embarassing for the 2. I also suppose that I've been watching long enough to experience fans trying to make it seem less like the big deal that the world and everyone else believes it is.

:)