#31 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

UNC has never had an embarrassing loss, I forgot.

#32 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Not of this magnitude.

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Doesn't matter really. I don't know what you expect. I was aware of this teams faults before the season started and was pleasantly surprised with how well they played for the majority of the season. But anyone who was really paying attention could see the writing on the wall for the last month, especially after Kelly's injury. You saying "not of this magnitude" like it's some huge difference between UNC's embarrassing losses is laughable indeed.

#34 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

It IS a huge difference, Carolina has never crapped the bed in the NCAA tournament like this. This is the dance, you're expected to show up with the best you've got...and last night Duke's best got beat by a High School team. You can dress it up all you want but there really is no comparison, Duke's loss last night easily trumps any other defeats in their own history and in UNC's history.

...but whatever you think you have to say to ease the pain, I understand that from a fan point of view.

#35 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

You haven't been watching college basketball very long have you?

#36 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

You haven't been watching college basketball very long have you?

Long enough to know that a 15 beating a 2 is considered extremely embarassing for the 2. I also suppose that I've been watching long enough to experience fans trying to make it seem less like the big deal that the world and everyone else believes it is.

:)

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think you need to research UNC's first round exits over the last 20 years before you try and act all high and mighty. It's just fresh for this year so everyone is talking about it, and of course UNC fans want to make it sound like it's the worst loss in history blah blah blah. The fact is that Missouri, the 3rd ranked team in the country lost to a team that was ranked lower than the team Duke lost too in this very same tourney. Lehigh was the highest ranked 15 seed.

#38 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

...but it was still a 15 seed, and Carolina hasn't lost to a 15 seed..but by all means keep trying bud.

#39 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Weber State. BC in 94. I know all about it. Nothing was worse than the 15-2 upset though. No matter how you spin it. K had 10 McDonalds all americans. We had 2 upperclassmen starters in total and most of our bench as of late is comprised of freshman. I could argue we are just as inexperienced and i could even say we have less depth. Don't spin how bad it is.

#40 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

My point was that Duke had played into a higher seed that they should have ever had. This was supposed to be a down year for them, many analysts predicted them to be third in the ACC. It was a bad loss, I'm not saying it's not. But lets not pretend like you guys really thought this was a great Duke team or something.

#41 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Doesn't matter if it was a great Duke team or not. They should have rolled Lehigh. Based on what you're saying they should've been playing in the NIT.

#42 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

The reality is that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Duke and they drastically overachieved during the regular season and played themselves into a high ranking. The team definitely ran out of gas during the last month of the season and the loss of Ryan Kelly was the straw that broke the camels back. Lehigh was also a horrible match up for Duke with their quickness. Duke had struggled to defend the dribble drive all season.

Lost to a 15 seed in the first round... and it was awesome.

#43 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

The reality is that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Duke and they drastically overachieved during the regular season and played themselves into a high ranking. The team definitely ran out of gas during the last month of the season and the loss of Ryan Kelly was the straw that broke the camels back. Lehigh was also a horrible match up for Duke with their quickness. Duke had struggled to defend the dribble drive all season.

Rebuilding my ass, you dookies were talking so much pre season poo, and over glorifying your cute little freshman and the plumlee bros....the freaking plumlees! That is who you guys were all excited about.

#44 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Floppin, you are taking the brunt of all of the unc fans right now, bc you are the only one man enough to show up and eat crow...
However, your fellow dookies are the cowards leaving you out to dry. I have not seen bigcatdaddy or cats since unc smacked dook on senior night. But that's ok, cause, next year/the off season/when unc plays their last game of 2012, they will show back up and talk poo.

But I do agree, that loss dook suffered in the first round to a 15 seed was probably the most embarrassing game a top 25 (all time) team has gotten ever.

#45 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,671 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Why is it more embarrassing than the Missouri loss on the same night. They were ranked higher than Duke and lost to a team ranked lower than Lehigh. So technically it should be a worse loss, people just hate Duke, that's all there is too it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com